This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John T

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on the pharmacy school at Manchester University in Indiana? Good, bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the pharmacy school at Manchester University in Indiana? Good, bad?
Horrible ... School
As you progress in the program you will hate it even more ...
Don't waste your time and money ...

Last edited:
Horrible ... School
As you progress in the program you will hate even more ...
Don't waste your time and money ...

Why so? Did you attend? Can you explain further why you say it’s a horrible school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I went there, recent gradate and currently struggling to pass the NAPLEX & MPJE that I wasn't prepared for by the school...
The school will treat you great in the beginning but as you progress you are like an step and unwanted child ... they become meaner and you can't complain bc they will use it again and tell you to deal with bc everyone else is and this what happens in real life.
They charge you for everything, I mean Everything! They will want you to fail so they can charge for extra classes, eg if you fail lab, most school we remediate, not my school they will make you pay for it and then pass you! if you need help they will tell come to them but them makes rules that no one can JUST approach a professor at any given time.

Last edited:
Yes I went there, recent gradate and currently struggling to pass the NAPLEX that I wasn't prepared for by the school
The school will treat great in the beginning but as you progress you are like an step and unwanted step child ... they become meaner and you cant complain bc they will use it again and say deal with bc everyone else is.
They charge you for everything, they will want you to fail so they can charge for extra classes. if you need help they will tell come to them but them makes rules that no one can JUST approach a professor at any given time.

What was your GPA when you graduated if you don't mind me asking? and where are you originally from? Can you give me examples of these instances? How about your colleagues? how are they now?

When I left My GPA was 3.1
I am from USA!
Most of my colleagues felt the same way I felt but we didn't know we were all struggling until after we were almost done with the program and when we all started communicating even more about the various challenges we all encounter, bc you are so ashamed share with someone that you were failing.
Our so called Valedictorian failed the LAW EXAM, after we all graduated LOL... that is how crazy we were unprepared for it ...
An example is, if you don't do well in an assignment you can't even see your test to know how well you have done or to know what you need to improve on... You need to see your test bc all the exam are accumulative, but some of the professors will refuse to show you an old exam even if you want to review it with them it becomes a bug deal.

Most of the good Professors left, their turnover rate on professors is high!

Last edited:
When I let My GPA was 3.1
I am from USA
Most of my colleagues felt the same way I feel but we didn't know we were all struggling until after we were almost done when we all started communicating, bc you are so ashamed share with someone that you were failing it is crazy. our so called Valedictorian failed the LAW EXAM, after we all graduated LOL... that is how crazy we were unprepared for it .
An example is, if you don't do were in an assignment you can even see your test to know how well you have done to know how you can improve. You need to see your test bc all the exam accumulative, but some of the professors refuse to show you an old exam even if you want o review it with them it becomes a bug deal.

Most of the good Professors left, their turnover rate on professor is high!

Interesting. This is good to know. I would like to hear from other people that attended or attended as well. that bad huh? hmm i might reconsider. What are your thoughts on new schools in California?

When I let My GPA was 3.1
I am from USA
Most of my colleagues felt the same way I feel but we didn't know we were all struggling until after we were almost done when we all started communicating, bc you are so ashamed share with someone that you were failing it is crazy. our so called Valedictorian failed the LAW EXAM, after we all graduated LOL... that is how crazy we were unprepared for it .
An example is, if you don't do were in an assignment you can even see your test to know how well you have done to know how you can improve. You need to see your test bc all the exam accumulative, but some of the professors refuse to show you an old exam even if you want o review it with them it becomes a bug deal.

Most of the good Professors left, their turnover rate on professor is high!

Do these colleagues of yours have an SDN account? You are the first person I have heard bad things about Manchester. It looks like you just made an account as well

Do these colleagues of yours have an SDN account? You are the first person I have heard bad things about Manchester. It looks like you just made an account as well
Yeah ... Just Created an account to get more information on NAPLEX exam ... You asked about a school I attended I gave you my opinion. You don't have take any of it. I only responded bc I went there nd these are my experiences...

Yeah ... Just Created an account to get more information on NAPLEX exam ... You asked about a school I attended I gave you my opinion. You don't have take any of it. I only responded bc I went there nd these are my experiences...
Oh okay. I know some people do that here which makes no sense but thank you for the input. I talked to some folks on LinkedIn and they said something similar

Oh okay. I know some people do that here which makes no sense but thank you for the input. I talked to some folks on LinkedIn and they said something similar
1. Some of the professors talk very badly about the students ... Some students have over heard them ...
2. and even the preceptors that don't work in the school know about a student before they get to their site... You working to a store with preceptors have bad thoughts and mind set about not even knowing but working of what their frds have said about ...So many things to complain about ...
3. the tuition and loan keeps going up every year but when you get you refund check it is so small that you may want to get an side job to keep up, if you not from there locally bc they continually charge you for unnecessary and unaccounted fee they cant account for ...
We once asked they "Why are we paying extra for our forth year, the preceptors are not getting paid, "they told us bc we are still in school... now keep in mind, the forth year we never showed up for any classes or even showed at the school for anything ... OMG, we strictly doing rotations at different sites that can accommodate us".
4. oooh don't forget this one ... Exam start at 9am, if you come in at 8:55am you are late WTF and 5 point is deducted (Dr. Towne)
5. They have professor that don't even know what she is teaching, (prf Calinski), she is the so-called "Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences (pharmacology) and Pharmacogenomics" if you ask her any question she will redirect you to clinical pharmacist because she don't know ****... She doesn't even know what the word EXCIPIENT means ... She reads off her slides and makeup stuff !
6. My tuition LOAN to date is $266.980

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user