Mandatory CME and hospital HR modules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chillaxbro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of us paid hourly (most of us?) and have required yearly CME and other misc online modules, how do you get paid for the time spent on these modules?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of us paid hourly (most of us?) and have required yearly CME and other misc online modules, how do you get paid for the time spent on these modules?
I just stay late and bill it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Canned response

“We only pay for clinical care”

not ER, but previously employed by a psychiatry hospital. If you are a w2 employee, you should get paid ffor doing hospital/corporation specific modules

do general cme on your own time.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm talking about infection control, child abuse, stroke, opiate prescribing etc CMEs that are not hospital specific, but are required by the hospital? these are probably ~12 hours worth of modules

Last edited:
I'm talking about infection control, child abuse, stroke, opiate prescribing etc CMEs that are not hospital specific, but are required by the hospital? these are probably ~12 hours worth of modules
I do them on shift. If they’re stupid I just let them play in the background on mute and click forward as needed. If they’re actually interesting or needed information I read a couple slides between patients until it is done. I got about 4 hours of documentation power points done on a slow shift a few weeks ago, but that was a really unusual respite lol

Reactions: 3 users