March Madness = extra credit... WHY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpartyFan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My genetics prof is giving a large chunk of extra credit points if our team gets past UNC in the second round and if our womens team gets past the second round as well. Although we have no chance of beating UNC, I am not complaining about the possibility of recieving extra credit (this class is not curve so it actually helps us a lot). Anyone else have any "why are you giving us extra credit for this" stories?

Predictions: Ohio State is gonna win although I hate them!

Members don't see this ad.

My genetics prof is giving a large chunk of extra credit points if our team gets past UNC in the second round and if our womens team gets past the second round as well. Although we have no chance of beating UNC, I am not complaining about the possibility of recieving extra credit (this class is not curve so it actually helps us a lot). Anyone else have any "why are you giving us extra credit for this" stories?

I was going to laugh and slap you silly but then you said that you know your team is going to get SLAMMED by unc I recanted.

I think the j-hawks are going to take it all!!! You heard it first!

Did anyone see Ibok dislocate his elbow? Send him to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys get extra credit points if you riot up in east lansing ?

No, only when we perform CPR on a wolverine after it drowns in its on arrogance.

Who do you have for Genetics? I went to MSU and I think I can guess but just curious

My buddy has Deocampo now... he was telling me how the guy has flat out just stopped caring.

No, only when we perform CPR on a wolverine after it drowns in its on arrogance.

we drink at the table of arrogance... we don't drown in it, because we can't have enough ;)

try not to burn the town down after your win today :thumbup:

Did anyone see Ibok dislocate his elbow? Send him to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center!!!!

Definitely caught it...about five or six times. Do you think they replayed it enough? Geez. At least it's only dislocated, I guess...we were afraid he'd shattered it or something at first.

your sorry-ass team killed my perfect bracket... I even had VCU over Duke.

I'm actually in the magic limbo for MSU where they take your application fee and dont even put you on hold...

...and normally I'm an MSU fan, but I had no faith in them this year. Looks like that's gonna be my only miss on my bracket today. (assuming all other scores hold)

I'm actually in the magic limbo for MSU where they take your application fee and dont even put you on hold...

...and normally I'm an MSU fan, but I had no faith in them this year. Looks like that's gonna be my only miss on my bracket today. (assuming all other scores hold)

i'm the same... i have no clue what they are thinking over there... I want to interview and see what's up ;)

damn, BYU went down... I guess that makes 2 losses today... oh well. not a bad night.

[result]I have nothing to type here, I just wondered if it works on SDN[/result]

your sorry-ass team killed my perfect bracket... I even had VCU over Duke.

VCU over Duke was the first box I filled out...(look where I'm from-and no comments about Tubby ball...)

Too bad Pitino took Louisville and romped Stanford, startin to miss him and his March play.

I had them both losing first round.

My genetics prof is giving a large chunk of extra credit points if our team gets past UNC in the second round and if our womens team gets past the second round as well.

Why? Heck I dunno. Because he can, probably.

All I know is that I've got lunch riding on not whether my team wins, but whether ANY team wins over my boss' pick.

/Go Thai Food State!