kwc1979

10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
So I still have not heard from several of the applications I have out there....so basically I am wondering if there is any hope left for those schools. Have any of you guys gotten any recent interview invites? I'm sure I'm not the only one out there still wondering/hoping!

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
Hey I am still waiting on three schools... who knows. I am very tired at this point. I stare at the sdn screen so much all day that my eyes hurt. I never thought I would say this but I give up.
Have you been accepted anywhere. I have been accepted, not at my first choice but nonetheless... I'm can't torture myself like this anymore.

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
NJ
Status
Don't give up hope guys. I'm still waiting for 7 schools. There have been and will continue to be interview invites for many schools throughout march and probably into april. For God's sake, back off the screen for a bit (I'm stuck focusing on the screen for work, oh well). Go have a drink. Go to the gym. Get some sex. There's plenty of better things out there.

No worries :D

Doxie

MS3
10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Today, I got offered an interview at Tulane for March 18th
.....I was pretty surprised...I had given up hope on receiving any new invites....prob for waitlist spot though.

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
Timmythemic22 said:
Don't give up hope guys. I'm still waiting for 7 schools. There have been and will continue to be interview invites for many schools throughout march and probably into april. For God's sake, back off the screen for a bit (I'm stuck focusing on the screen for work, oh well). Go have a drink. Go to the gym. Get some sex. There's plenty of better things out there.

You're so nice. :oops:

seethrew

(superthrew)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2003
cast in steel
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
a weekish ago i got invited to penn state but i ended up cancelling. i think they have a few more weeks.

Bigsheed920

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
NY
Status
There are many stories out there of late interviewers getting in. Remember it is not over until it is over. Keep ur head up and remember u can always reapply......this whole process will only make u stronger.

aar239

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2005
NY
Status
I got an interview e-mail a couple of weeks ago for a MSSM interview on March 17. so keep up hope!!
I also haven't heard from 3 schools (Columbia, Yale, Penn) but I know that they are done sending out invites so I'm just waiting for the letters to start pouring in.

internet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2005
Status
Timmythemic22 said:

where can I find this "sex" you speak of?

plattinum9

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2004
California
Status
LorinE said:
Hey I am still waiting on three schools... who knows. I am very tired at this point. I stare at the sdn screen so much all day that my eyes hurt. I never thought I would say this but I give up.
Have you been accepted anywhere. I have been accepted, not at my first choice but nonetheless... I'm can't torture myself like this anymore.

don't give up, if it makes u feel better, im in a worse condition, waiting for 10 schools to reply back, im on waitlists, and no acceptances yet...be glad u are guaranteed for an MD, for me im sitting here debating whether i should go study for MCAT's again and get a job or go for a Master's...cheer up...

lfesiam

Regional Guy for Hire!
10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
plattinum9 said:
don't give up, if it makes u feel better, im in a worse condition, waiting for 10 schools to reply back, im on waitlists, and no acceptances yet...be glad u are guaranteed for an MD, for me im sitting here debating whether i should go study for MCAT's again and get a job or go for a Master's...cheer up...

i'm in your shoes plattinum9, sigh

caligirl714

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2004
Status
i got an invite for mcw for early april...its looks like interview time is ending soon...:-(

plattinum9

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2004
California
Status
caligirl714 said:
i got an invite for mcw for early april...its looks like interview time is ending soon...:-(

nice lucky, i called MCW, they said nothing has been sent out in other words, nothing has been done to my app and i was completed in Sept...so yeah....hope you do well on that interview. good luck...

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Congrats caligril714.

caligirl714 said:

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
plattinum9 said:
ok... You are right... But you being in worse condition does not make me feel better. It does make me realize I should be happy with what I do have. I really hope you hear some good news soon.
btw - I actually did not apply to med school about two years ago because I was so afraid of the rejection... so I went and got an MS to increase the odds I would be accepted somewhere... I think that if you don't get in somewhere you could reapply after getting your MS (if that is what you decide to do...) But here's hoping you won't even have to think about doing that! -LORIN

bostonabe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2004
Status
I received a letter with interview invite from University of Vermont 2-26-05

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
Let's not lose total hope yet... I think a few of us may be able to squeeze out an invite or two... we'll see I guess

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
NJ
Status
Hey... when did this thread hit the downward spiral? The absolute worst thing to do right now is say it's all lost. Noone's out yet, it's way to early for that. So just strap on that ****-eating grin, and buck up, you little troopers!

OP
K

kwc1979

10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
Timmythemic22 said:
Hey... when did this thread hit the downward spiral? The absolute worst thing to do right now is say it's all lost. Noone's out yet, it's way to early for that. So just strap on that ****-eating grin, and buck up, you little troopers!

Haha! Thanks! I started this thread to make me feel better, but so far it's done the opposite! Where are these interview invites??? I know they have to be out there somewhere!

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
NJ
Status
kwc1979 said:
Haha! Thanks! I started this thread to make me feel better, but so far it's done the opposite! Where are these interview invites??? I know they have to be out there somewhere!
I wish I could give you some concrete evidence. All I have are speculations. I am still waiting to hear back from 7 schools, most of which have sent me a letter saying I'm still under review. I've completed most of these sec apps back in October, so I'm lead to believe I keep getting pushed back for interview openings. That's the only hope I have, but I'm keepin' it alive.

By the way, the school's I'm waiting for are (Loyola, Jefferson, Drexel, NYMC, Penn State, Temple, VCU)

tmiho

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
Status
By the way, the school's I'm waiting for are (Loyola, Jefferson, Drexel, NYMC, Penn State, Temple, VCU)[/QUOTE]

I received an interview invitation from Drexel for May 3rd!
That seems a bit too late, but I haven't received a single acceptance letter yet so I guess it's better than nothing...

abcabc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2003
Baltimore, MD
Visit site
Status
I got an invite to NYMC on March 1st - email - I got a date for April 11th.

Also got an invite to Penn State on March 3rd - phone and email - interview date is March 11th.

Don't lose hope guys. I had practically written off these schools, but it's still possible to get interviews.

BTW, I sent Penn an update letter outlining which of their programs I liked and why I was a good candidate and then I was given an interview within the week following my letter. I was also on the "continue to review" pool.

Good Luck.
-abcabc

OP
K

kwc1979

10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
Maybe starting this thread did me some good. I just found out today that I got an interview with SLU. It was by snail mail and dated 3/2/05. One less school I am waiting to hear from!

nikibean

Tip your guide.
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2004
Cali. But not the cool part.
Visit site
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, too. I'm on ONE waitlist.
I just appealed one school for an interview- read the fine print and found I could, so since I have nothing to lose, I'm going big.
I am NOT taking the MCAT again. I'd rather eat poisonous live insects and be forced to watch Maury Povich on repeat for 72 hours straight.

Still waiting on three, and they're top 10 - how do you think *I* feel about my chances
But, as I've learned, *anything* is possible, and Stanford said they'd interview through the end of April. Same with Davis. Both said "no news is good news, have some faith" when I called.

Stop obsessing everyone, go have a beer. Or whatever.
Back to strapping snowboarders onto backboards and splinting fractured wrists... :eek:

rugirlie

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2003
jersey
Visit site
Status
I called up Tufts and Jefferson yesterday and both gave me specific dates that they're last interview invites will go out by and they were both in mid-April with the actual last day of interviews being in the end of April. I'm not sure how much hope I have of getting one at either school, but nonetheless, for those of you also waiting for them, hope this helps. :)

klp14

Member in Flipflops
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Penn State is still giving out interviews. I just got a call today, with slots available on 3/14 and 3/21. Took the 14th but they said they're interviewing until the end of March. To think I had given up hope for another invite. :cool:

ts9977

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2004
Status
I just received an interview invitation to Mt. Sinai, so they are still going as well.

nycmed8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
Status
Hi ts997 - congrats! How did they inform you about the interview??

Thanks!

RaaMD

Caffeine Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
I received an interview invite from Temple yesterday. I am still waiting on Tufts, Mount Sinai, and Jefferson. Hope this helps. I am an August MCATer too.

DianaLynne

Catwoman!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
bostonabe said:
I received a letter with interview invite from University of Vermont 2-26-05
Ooh, I want one too! By snail mail you say? I had about written off my mailbox as only a source of bad news. Heck, I'd be happy if I could just move all my schools into a definite category, I tire of waiting.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
just recieved an invite from uc davis of all places; was complete like jan 4, real frickin late. I think ill decline, but im posting just so people know they are still inviting

lunacake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2004
Status
Got an invite to UCLA yesterday. Also got an email from Albert Einstein saying that they send an invite a while ago, but I never received it.

krebse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
just got a call from Loyola on Friday - they said the last Saturday intv. date was 3/19, and I'm tentatively scheduled for 3/22 - not sure how far out they'll let me go but I can post it here when I talk to them on Monday and try for a first week of April date

Liz

lagringa87xc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2004
Status
krebse said:
just got a call from Loyola on Friday - they said the last Saturday intv. date was 3/19, and I'm tentatively scheduled for 3/22 - not sure how far out they'll let me go but I can post it here when I talk to them on Monday and try for a first week of April date

Liz
I also just received an interview invite from Stanford last week for late March. I know there were quite a few others in the same boat w/Stanford. We had all given up hope. One of my friends who's a first year there said that many of her current classmates had interviews this late. So....don't give up hope! :)

bostonabe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2004
Status
DianaLynne said:
Ooh, I want one too! By snail mail you say? I had about written off my mailbox as only a source of bad news. Heck, I'd be happy if I could just move all my schools into a definite category, I tire of waiting.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply...I received the interview invite by snail mail after emailing James Rathmell (Interim Associate Dean for Admissions) and Tiffany Delaney (Interim Director of Admissions) about my "significant interest" in their school. I sent the emails around the middle of February. I suggest you do the same, and explain how interested you really are (i.e. if it's one of the--if not THE--top choice for you).

You seem really interested in UVM, and your previous posts about UVM still giving out interviews gave me the inspiration to write those emails last month. So best of luck, I can tell you truly deserve an interview there.

Bostonabe

PatentGuy33

MetalMilitia
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2005
San Diego, CA
Status
Came home to be greeted with a Davis invite via email. Offered Monday
March 21, Thursday March 24, Monday March 28 as Thursday March 31 possible interview dates. Email said these are the REMAINING interview dates.

Anyone know how UC Davis' class is shaping up? Just wondering if they've already given enough offers to fill their class (probably have).

CoverMe

Registered Republican
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Status
I just got mail from RFUMS... open interview dates in MAY!!! I had given up on them, and I'm shocked to get this now.

I have yet to be accepted anywhere, so I'm def. planning on going... not sure if an interview so late in the season is a lost cause?? Am i interviewing for a wait list seat, or an open seat?

Anyone know anything? It was discouraging to see RFUMS so prominently featured on the "Schools i would not apply to again" thread :(

I'd be happy to hear from anyone about this?

wisteria

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
got emailed a jefferson invite yesterday for mid april...

RaaMD

Caffeine Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Got an interview invite from Jefferson On March 14th for early April.

soccer10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2004
Status
Penn St. just called yesterday for an interview on wed (23rd)...

pico61

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
Status
bumping 2005 trends for someone who was asking for it in the 2006 feb invites thread lets keep the hope alive.