march- what's your status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

march 1st status

• Accepted to 1st choice

Votes: 40 21.6%
  • Accepted somewhere I'll be happy, waiting/waitlisted at 1st choice

Votes: 89 48.1%
  • Accepted somewhere I won't be happy, waiting/waitlisted at 1st choice

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • No acceptances. Waiting/waitlisted at several schools

Votes: 38 20.5%
  • No acceptances. Where is my first interview?

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. As of march 1st, do you know where you're goign?

For the poll, 1st choice = the first choice among schools you've interviewed at

Members don't see this ad.

I have an acceptance to a state school but am still waiting on hearing from three other schools I am very interested in.

where's the choices:

accepted to schools i'd be happy with, haven't heard from a lot and therefore have no idea where i want to go?

don't have a first choice school

haven't heard from first choice school yet

edit: sorry, i guess you hadve "Accepted somewhere I'll be happy, waiting/waitlisted at 1st choice" but "waiting" and "waitlisted" are two entirely different scenarios. Waiting can be resolved within days at some schools whereas waitlisted could take until the first day of classes at others.

Members don't see this ad :)
sdnstud said:
Just curious. As of march 1st, do you know where you're goign?

For the poll, 1st choice = the first choice among schools you've interviewed at

Nope. I got my first acceptance yesterday -UCI MSTP. :clap: I'm still waiting on a couple of schools. Still I'd be more than happy to go to UCI.

So long as I'm going somewhere other than back to my parents house, life is good.

Still, the dream lives on. Harvard sends out next week......

You are an interesting individual Psycho. Do you happen to live in Berkeley? I wanna meet you in person. Wanna get drinks at Henry's this week?

Psycho Doctor said:
where's the choices:

accepted to schools i'd be happy with, haven't heard from a lot and therefore have no idea where i want to go?

don't have a first choice school

haven't heard from first choice school yet

edit: sorry, i guess you hadve "Accepted somewhere I'll be happy, waiting/waitlisted at 1st choice" but "waiting" and "waitlisted" are two entirely different scenarios. Waiting can be resolved within days at some schools whereas waitlisted could take until the first day of classes at others.

sdnstud said:
You are an interesting individual Psycho.
I'll agree with sdnstud. Pyscho seems pretty cool.

As someone who went to Catholic schools for a while (like most Catholics my age I say I was raised Catholic), the line from Psycho's signature is one of my all time favorites:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

scrappysurfer said:
I'll agree with sdnstud. Pyscho seems pretty cool.

As someone who went to Catholic schools for a while (like most Catholics my age I say I was raised Catholic), the line from Psycho's signature is one of my all time favorites:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

mine too! I heard it the first time from my geometry teacher and its been my favorite ever since!

sunsweet said:
mine too! I heard it the first time from my geometry teacher and its been my favorite ever since!

heehee, seems like we all have unanimous opinion about psycho doc! =) i just PMed psycho to tell him how much i luv his sig, then i read all your posts! good luck to everyone here! :luck:

sdnstud said:
You are an interesting individual Psycho. Do you happen to live in Berkeley? I wanna meet you in person. Wanna get drinks at Henry's this week?

i'm not sure if that was sarcastic or not. ;) Sorry I'm on the east coast but i do have a friend at Berkeley who perhaps can stand in for me. :laugh:

tinnyfluffy said:
heehee, seems like we all have unanimous opinion about psycho doc! =) i just PMed psycho to tell him how much i luv his sig, then i read all your posts! good luck to everyone here! :luck:

thanks guys (or girls) :oops: