Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did the email say that they are holding on making a decision at this time? I think I just got waitlisted too
I got this email as well but I haven’t even interviewed with them.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get an interview here yet and got the same email. I don't think it's a waitlist, but probably just an update that they're still going to review our apps in the upcoming months.

Reactions: 1 users
The Admissions Committee of the Marquette University School of Dentistry has reviewed your application and supporting credentials for the 2022 Freshman class. The Committee has decided to hold making a decision on your application at this time in the process.

While both offers of admission and denials have been made at this point, your application will remain active in our applicant pool. Your credentials will continue to be reviewed at subsequent meetings of the Admissions Committee, and you will be notified when a final decision is ultimately rendered.

^ I got this and think it means we're still being considered. They have definitely sent out waitlist and reject emails

same got a hold with no interview

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The Admissions Committee of the Marquette University School of Dentistry has reviewed your application and supporting credentials for the 2022 Freshman class. The Committee has decided to hold making a decision on your application at this time in the process.

While both offers of admission and denials have been made at this point, your application will remain active in our applicant pool. Your credentials will continue to be reviewed at subsequent meetings of the Admissions Committee, and you will be notified when a final decision is ultimately rendered.

^ I got this and think it means we're still being considered. They have definitely sent out waitlist and reject emails
it means you are neither accepted nor rejected
it's a good thing
you are still in the running for an interview later
trust the process...

Reactions: 2 users
Informed that my application was on hold for further consideration

Waitlisted at 11:15 PM. Are we allowed to know where we are on the waitlist?

Did you interview? I got an email saying they are waiting to make a decision for me but I didn’t interview.
I got that same email. I didn't interview either.

Waitlisted via email at 12:15 AM EST (after having interviewed). withdrawing app today though! Best of luck to all

Do they pick from the waitlist before interviewing more people?

I got an email around acceptance day that I was basically still in the running as a candidate. Since they have already sent their acceptances, waitlists, and rejections. I was curious if anyone knew when we might hear back for interviews and are they likely to pick somebody from the waitlist to fill spots over continuing to actively look through my app?

I got an email around acceptance day that I was basically still in the running as a candidate. Since they have already sent their acceptances, waitlists, and rejections. I was curious if anyone knew when we might hear back for interviews and are they likely to pick somebody from the waitlist to fill spots over continuing to actively look through my app?
I got that too, but wondering if only a few specific people got that e-mail or did everyone who wasn't interviewed got it?

Does anyone know when Marquette typically sends out spring interview invites

I’m pretty sure they select from their waitlist anywhere from now until school starts in the fall so there’s no definite date :/
If it's anything like the other school I got waitlisted at, it is entirely unpredictable when they might ever get to you. Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked/unranked?

Does anyone think marquette will prioritize their waitlist or spring interview invites?

i believe it is unranked- it is a great idea to send a letter of intent around now if you plan on going there out of any other school

i believe it is unranked- it is a great idea to send a letter of intent around now if you plan on going there out of any other school
If Marquette is my top choice should I send them a letter of intent? I didn't know if it was a school that discouraged them or not

If Marquette is my top choice should I send them a letter of intent? I didn't know if it was a school that discouraged them or not
Yes you should only send a letter of intent to your top choice school. You can send letters of interest to multiple schools but def only one letter of intent per application cycle. From what I know- they don’t discourage it. And I’ve been accepted there so I’m telling you this to help you out. Let them know you’re interested and would go there if interviewed & accepted.

Yes you should only send a letter of intent to your top choice school. You can send letters of interest to multiple schools but def only one letter of intent per application cycle. From what I know- they don’t discourage it. And I’ve been accepted there so I’m telling you this to help you out. Let them know you’re interested and would go there if interviewed & accepted.
Should I mail it or email it to them?

How late is too late to send them a letter of intent? I am hoping to send mine either by Friday or next week. Thanks!

What should the format of the email be for a letter of interest?
Sorry for the late reply- don’t attach a document to the email just write the letter into the actual email & keep it to one page maximum. Talk about things u like about the school and what u could contribute if u went there… there’s a lot of info about letters of interest online if u wanna check

How late is too late to send them a letter of intent? I am hoping to send mine either by Friday or next week. Thanks!
If u haven’t gotten in anywhere else or if ur sure u want to attend this university then just send them a letter asap, don’t wait too long or the class seats could fill up.