Marriage and Name Changing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lokhtar, I understand your point. I e-know lots of other mothers to young children on another message board and there are many of us that couldn't wait to go back to work even just after maternity leave. Others did the stay-at-home thing for awhile and were itching to go back to work later on. I loved being home with my daughter when I was working part-time but at the same time, I cannot tell you how many times Goodnight Moon, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and The Little Engine that Could "disappeared" for a few weeks because I couldn't stand reading them over and over and over and over and over (and very young children WILL want you to read the same book in rapid succession). The desire for adult interaction and mental stimulation is strong, and it can really make you stir-crazy. Other people (not just women, men too) are perfectly content to stay at home with their kids and that's perfectly okay, it's just not what you'd want in a partner. That's okay, too. Honestly, there are plenty of times I envy them (I think almost all working parents feel this way sometimes), but no way would I want to do it all the time.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I never said it's a ranking - or that's it's a measure of someone's worth (but worth is a subjective criteria and for me, that's a good indicator...but that's neither here nor there). However, to answer your point - I'm allowed to look for certain characteristics in a potential partner, aren't I? If you want certain things from your partner, good for you and good luck. I was simply pointing out what I wanted, and what I generally look for - why is it wrong for me to look for a partner that's intellectually curious and career-oriented. I've had relationships where it wasn't like that and it's not fun for me. I personally wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who wasn't like that, but I never said that you shouldn't.

Bro already said only the first couple sentences was in response to you.