Maryland Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone else waiting to hear back from an October interview? This waiting game absolutely KILLS.
November interview that went great but haven’t heard a response yet. Anyone have a similar experience? Should we send application updates Via email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
November interview that went great but haven’t heard a response yet. Anyone have a similar experience? Should we send application updates Via email?
Same, I had a Dec interview that I think went pretty well too but they haven't sent me any response. I sent a LOI sometime in January and they told me my application is still under periodic review, but not to email any other updates unless they asked for it. I'd say it wouldn't hurt to send an update if you haven't sent one already.

Reactions: 1 users
Same, I had a Dec interview that I think went pretty well too but they haven't sent me any response. I sent a LOI sometime in January and they told me my application is still under periodic review, but not to email any other updates unless they asked for it. I'd say it wouldn't hurt to send an update if you haven't sent one already.
I agree! That's what I did as well and they replied with the same. Do you all think we are on a waitlist? I only ask because we haven't been rejected at this point in the application cycle but people that interviewed after us have received acceptances. I'm confused about our status, but I'm praying we are all in a good position! @DDSdhdh @nakitaden

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree! That's what I did as well and they replied with the same. Do you all think we are on a waitlist? I only ask because we haven't been rejected at this point in the application cycle but people that interviewed after us have received acceptances. I'm confused about our status, but I'm praying we are all in a good position! @DDSdhdh @nakitaden
I'm not sure! This is a strange limbo to be in, as you would think a school would send the prospective student a waitlist decision email if that was the case. I do consider it a good thing we haven't been rejected, at least. I just wish we were allowed to understand more about our actual statuses though, lol

accepted via email march 21, interview in November!!

Withdrew my seat today. Probably the toughest decision I’ve ever made! Good luck to those who are on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
same here, is there going to be a confirmation that we're officially on the waitlist after we reply?

same here, is there going to be a confirmation that we're officially on the waitlist after we reply?
definitely -- they sent me what seemed like an automated confirmation message within a few minutes of my reply.

Waitlisted too!! Did anyone else get the part of the email that included, “….we are highly considering for 2023 admission.”? So crazy you can be on the waitlist until August, but still waitlist is great news

Last edited:
Let’s hope we all get off the waitlist 🙏🏼
Amen to that 🙏 I would imagine once final admissions are sent out in April, more waitlist students are going to start coming off

Last edited:
Waitlisted too!! Did anyone else get the part of the email that included, “….we are highly considering for 2023 admission.”? So crazy you can be on the waitlist until August, but still waitlist is great news
Yeah I got the same email

Has anyone ever heard of how long it typically will take for IS students to hear back from waitlist? I know it's not a guaranteed timeline, but still worth a shot

Recieved acceptance via email today! Interviewed Jan. 26th

Reactions: 3 users
For the people that are on the waitlist: I know our time will come! I'm praying for all of us 🙏

Reactions: 3 users
Still Received/Under Review for me. I got an email to set up an account with the school but they said it’s not an offer of admission. No waitlist or anything, anybody have any idea what this means?

Does anyone know if we can send a letter of interest/intent to Maryland admissions? If yes, does anyone know the email address?

Last edited:
Hi Josh! If you’re planning on accepting their offer, then I would recommend sending a letter of intent. I did that myself, and I hope they’ll value it more than a letter of interest. The email is: [email protected]
I hope this helps ☺️

Hi Josh! If you’re planning on accepting their offer, then I would recommend sending a letter of intent. I did that myself, and I hope they’ll value it more than a letter of interest. The email is: [email protected]
I hope this helps ☺️
Thank you so much for this! I’m currently waitlisted, so just wanna see what’s the best approach. But this helps a lot, hopefully sending a letter of intent serves as somewhat of a booster 🙏

I called admissions and they said the class is full :/ Just waiting for someone to drop I guess

• Sad
  • Okay...