Maryland Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hi, this is a GroupMe for accepted students if there hasn’t been one created already. You're invited to my new group 'UMSOD(Maryland)Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Members don't see this ad.

Have anyone received post-dec secondary and received interview invitation yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone’s status changed from invited to interview to received/under review prior to December 15 but not hear anything still?

Anyone send a letter of interest or letter of intent even if you haven't interviewed? Would that be okay?

Anyone send a letter of interest or letter of intent even if you haven't interviewed? Would that be okay?
If you feel like you need to send it, do it. But, please know that it may not help you as much as you’d like. There’s other threads in the predental sub forum you can search for that ask similar questions. If you feel like it’s a way of telling yourself you’ve done all you can, it’s worth it to send one. Hoping for good luck this cycle!

You're invited to my new group 'UMSOD(Maryland)Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Hi everyone, I got into UMD today but will be rejecting my offer soon so hopefully it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 3 users
I just rejected my offer. It was a hard decision, but I know it will go towards one of you! Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #3
School: UMaryland
Notification date: 1/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/30
Application complete date: 11/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/24/No
Dates available: 11/18
Method of interview: Zoom

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that has interviewed post December 15, how long is the one on one interview and what would you say the style of the interview was? I have mine tomorrow, and I am super nervous so I would appreciate any last-minute info:)

I have yet to receive an email regarding an interview invitation, but got a call yesterday from the administration asking if I would like to interview same-day since someone canceled last minute. Since I had conflicting schedules, I had to say no and am wondering now if anyone has been through the same situation and whether it would impact getting an actual interview invitation?

I have yet to receive an email regarding an interview invitation, but got a call yesterday from the administration asking if I would like to interview same-day since someone canceled last minute. Since I had conflicting schedules, I had to say no and am wondering now if anyone has been through the same situation and whether it would impact getting an actual interview invitation?
Had you already submitted the supplemental?

Oh wow, that's, an odd experience

Did you express to them that u were still interested and wanted to reschedule?

would be really messed up if they didn't give you a fair shot. but this sounds wild tbh.

I honestly figured that happens quite often at U of MD. I was invited for an interview that was in not even a week and was not given any other option as far as scheduling. The wording on the email was something like 'we went ahead and scheduled your interview to speed up the process'. I did end up doing the interview but thought that was odd.

Interviewed on Jan 18 and the status changed on the portal to under review. Not sure if it means anything tho.

Interviewed on Jan 18 and the status changed on the portal to under review. Not sure if it means anything tho.
I’ve heard that it’s a good sign you will be accepted, however, my husband interviewed prior to December and his changed before the 15th but he is still waiting to hear back. Are you IS or OS?

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve heard that it’s a good sign you will be accepted, however, my husband interviewed prior to December and his changed before the 15th but he is still waiting to hear back. Are you IS or OS?
I think everyone’s status changed from invited to interview to under review the date they had interview. It also happened to me, I had my interview on 01/18 too.

I think everyone’s status changed from invited to interview to under review the date they had interview. It also happened to me, I had my interview on 01/18 too.
I interviewed on 1/18 but my status still says invited for interview. This isn't bad that mine hasn't changed yet right?

I interviewed on 1/18 but my status still says invited for interview. This isn't bad that mine hasn't changed yet right?
No. Also did they mention if they sending out more interview invites? or if the class is full etc etc

I have an interview with them this week.. any advice? How should I get ready for it? Any help is appreciated.

I have an interview with them this week.. any advice? How should I get ready for it? Any help is appreciated.
go on sdn and just run through the past interview questions- they pretty much just ask you those questions. I didn't even get asked a tell me about yourself or why dentistry question. I remember a diversity question and a how I stay motivated question.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi so I've been lurking occasionally and I see the status change after an interview is a topic so I want to give my own 2 cents. I interviewed on Dec 8th and my status changed to received/under review as well since then with no changes. I did send a LOI (basically reiterating intent and providing updates) 2 weeks ago and I got a response back stating my app is still under periodic review and if there are any updates they need, they will let me know. So! I assume that means those in the same boat are also still under periodic review. There's a chance.

However, I'm not sure that it means acceptance? I don't know why they've chosen to still keep us under tabs (even tho some of y'all interviewed pre-dec), and I haven't seen anyone in this thread mention rejections or waitlist decisions yet. But I personally don't think that this status change means we're 100% getting accepted. All I can say for now is if you do have questions about the status of your app, it wouldn't hurt to send an email. As far as LOI's, only send one at most and don't press them any further. I don't think I ruined my chances in sending one but based on their reply, I definitely do not think they're receptive to the further updates that are usually recommended regarding LOI's.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the status change means accepted or waitlisted. Bc my interview was pre december and it changed a few days before decision day but I wasn't accepted. Idk though bc it seems like this cycle, everyones status changed sometime after interviewing so maybe it doesn’t mean anything.

I think the status change means accepted or waitlisted. Bc my interview was pre december and it changed a few days before decision day but I wasn't accepted. Idk though bc it seems like this cycle, everyones status changed sometime after interviewing so maybe it doesn’t mean anything.
That is probably the case since I haven't seen anyone get outright rejected from the school. My friend and I interviewed post-December on the same date, and their status still shows invited for interview. Anyhow, I don't think it's indicative of anything, but rather a matter of time.

Has anyone received an interview recently?

For those that interviewed how long after the interview did you hear back?

If we interviewed about 2 weeks ago, does anyone know how long after the interview we hear back??

I interviewed last week and my status changed to "Received/Under Review." Is this a good sign or does this happen for everyone? I have seen some people say it is standard, while others say it is a good sign. Anyone know for sure?

I interviewed last week and my status changed to "Received/Under Review." Is this a good sign or does this happen for everyone? I have seen some people say it is standard, while others say it is a good sign. Anyone know for sure?
What day did you interview?