Maryland residency reclassification

Started by dshertok
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dshertok

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard that some out-of-state students at the University of Maryland were able to reclassify themselves as in-state residents for the purpose of lower tuition after a year. I would love to hear the circumstances of SDNers who have tried this and whether or not they were successful.

Thanks.
 
I was able to do this with the PT program @ UMAB being a WV resident originally, albeit in 1990. I had to register to vote, MD Drivers, title my car, and I was good to go following the first year. However, I have heard that it is not as easy now as it was then.