Master and Dental Program at Howard U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ab05

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I actually a few questions. To give you some background on myself, I am a pre-dental student graduating this coming semester. My GPA is pretty low (2.9), I have withdrawn from a few classes in order to retake them (chemistry isnt my best subject), and I am graduating without taking/passing O chem, O chem lab and biochem.

The plan that my advisor and I have come up with is to take my DAT this summer, graduate with my bachelors degree, apply for a masters degree in Health Administration at the school I attend, finish by summer 18, and hope to get into Howard dental for Fall 2018.

I was wondering if you maybe I should try to do my masters at the school I wish to attend for dental (Howard). and if you any of you know anything about their masters programs, and if i would be able to incorporate the chemistrys I still need to take while doing my masters. And what do you all think of Howard dental in general? I know it is low ranked according to smartclass.com, but it still seems like a good school thats within my range considering my GPA.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Members don't see this ad.

Are there upper division science courses in that masters degree?

No i don't think so. I posted the link below that shows all the classes, however I can incorporate O chem, ochem lab and biochem into the curriculum, it just won't count toward the degree. Also, i was avoiding a major in like Biomedical sciences which i believe would have upper division science courses, just because the point of the masters is to raise my GPA... and you need a gpa of 3.0 to get accepted and I'm short of that.

https://www.graduatecatalog.ucf.edu/programs/program.aspx?id=1242&tid=526

Members don't see this ad :)
No i don't think so. I posted the link below that shows all the classes, however I can incorporate O chem, ochem lab and biochem into the curriculum, it just won't count toward the degree. Also, i was avoiding a major in like Biomedical sciences which i believe would have upper division science courses, just because the point of the masters is to raise my GPA... and you need a gpa of 3.0 to get accepted and I'm short of that.

https://www.graduatecatalog.ucf.edu/programs/program.aspx?id=1242&tid=526
I wouldn't avoid biomedical sciences. Those are the courses dental schools look at the most.

Hi,
I'm in same situation. Please let me know what route you took ?