Masters of Public Health without GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Misswhitecoat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a Doctor from India , would like to enroll in Masters of public health program which does not require GRE. can anyone let me know such universities in the US. will be of great help .

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Johns Hopkins will accept without a GRE score if you have a Doctoral level degree(like you do).

You could also look into schools in Canada. I know the University of Toronto does not require the GRE for admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
Johns Hopkins will accept without a GRE score if you have a Doctoral level degree(like you do).

Hey Thanks for the Info. But is there only one school in the US which offers MPH without GRE?

If i take the GRE, are chances higher to get a scholarship?

New York Medical College in Westchester, NY

Hello, I am a Doctor from India , would like to enroll in Masters of public health program which does not require GRE. can anyone let me know such universities in the US. will be of great help .

Thanks

Look up the requirements of individual programs online, whether or not they need GRE and under what conditions should be specified, or there will be a contact person for admissions to ask. People here will only know about their own program and only if they got in without needing GRE (otherwise they probably wouldn't know/care). So you won't get many replies, and certainly not an exhaustive list of such programs; you need to do this research on your own.

Take a look at the sticky titled "Helpful Public Health Websites" it contains a link to the CEPH website where you can search for all of the accredited public health programs by concentration, degree etc. There you can get links for individual programs and find requirements. There are hundreds of public health programs and very few people know all of their criteria well enough to give you a definitive list of the ones that don't require GREs.

Hello,

Given your location in the world, I will assume that you are looking for online MPH programs based in the US. Here is a list of online MPH programs that do not require the GRE (or have conditions):

Des Moines University - Online MPH (available to International Applicants). This degree program is accredited by CEPH (Council on Education for Public Health).
The GRE is not required for admission.

University of New England - Online MPH (available to International Applicants). CEPH accredited.
The GRE is not required for admission, provided that the applicant has completed undergraduate courses in science AND mathematics, or a graduate course in science OR mathematics.

New York Medical College (mentioned in an earlier post).

Many programs allow an applicant to skip the GRE if they have a clinical doctorate (e.g. MD/DO/DDS, etc.). As mentioned previously, you may search for all CEPH accredited programs (including those with online options) via the CEPH.org website.

There are also a number of online MPH programs that are regionally accredited (standard US accreditation for colleges/universities), but do not have CEPH accreditation (or they are presently candidates). CEPH accreditation may or may not be important to you given that you live in India. I would check with your local authorities on this prior to applying to any program.

Online programs fitting the above criteria (i.e. regionally accredited but not presently CEPH accredited) that DO NOT require the GRE include:

A.T. Still University - CEPH candidate

American Public University - CEPH candidate

Best of luck,
Tom

U of New Hampshire and Florida International University do not require it.