Masters program in San francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveMedicine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't done my pre-med yet but I have a bachelors degree in information systems. Does any know a bio realted masters program in San franciso or San jose area that I can do to raise my gpa. I want to do pre-med and masters concurrently.

:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

as far as masters go, i would check out sf state. ucsf also has masters programs that you can do, but they are extremely competitve to get into. in and around san jose, there's san jose state, stanford, santa clara, berkeley, etc, all of which have solid masters programs. i would look into doing a post bac if u haven't taken the premed courses. its only a year, for most people, and after, u have a pretty much guaranteed chance of getting into med school. i know sfsu has a great post bac program. there website would provide much more info.

http://www.sfsu.edu/~puboff/programs/undergrad/prehlth.htm

hope it helps. good luck.

LoveMedicine said:
I haven't done my pre-med yet but I have a bachelors degree in information systems. Does any know a bio realted masters program in San franciso or San jose area that I can do to raise my gpa. I want to do pre-med and masters concurrently.

:luck:

Also, keep in mind that if you do a masters program, that GPA won't help raise your current GPA, since graduate grades are computed separately from undergraduate. If raising your GPA is your major concern, then I'd definitely recommend you NOT to enroll in a masters program because that's not going to help you much...it's well known that grades are heavily inflated in graduate programs and won't be looked at as closely. Enrolling in a post-bac program is actually a much better route for raising GPA and fulfilling the pre-med requirements. Mills College in Oakland actually has great reputation in the area for its post-bac program. Many of their graduates get into CA schools, with quite a few at UCSF. If getting an advanced degree is your primary concern, then the previous poster listed some great programs in the area.