You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UC San Francisco
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i don't have any major updates apart from ~1000 more clinical hrs at my gap year job (which i already mentioned i would be doing in my secondaries); is it ok to not send them an update or should i just do it anyways? i'm scared of seeming uninterested, but i dont want to hurt my chances by sending a mediocre update 
My personal opinion is that no update is better than a letter without substance. If you completed or have led any big projects or something at your job that you haven’t mentioned anywhere else, that could be worth including tho! I also mentioned my hours in other parts of my app, so for part of my update I talked about a major project I led and completedi don't have any major updates apart from ~1000 more clinical hrs at my gap year job (which i already mentioned i would be doing in my secondaries); is it ok to not send them an update or should i just do it anyways? i'm scared of seeming uninterested, but i dont want to hurt my chances by sending a mediocre update![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
darkchocmd
New Member
Do they accept LOIs post-II? Or is the upload portal just for updates?
They said you can only send an LOI if you are put on the waitlistDo they accept LOIs post-II? Or is the upload portal just for updates?
user39475
New Member
This is what they said during my interview session!Do they accept LOIs post-II? Or is the upload portal just for updates?
Attachments
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
Just finished my interview and I think it went amazing! Now we wait 😎 I guess the good thing about being a late interviewer is I dont have to wait as long 🤣 but ill be just as nervous! hoping the best for everyone waiting on decisions <333
storm_caller
Full Member
Think we'll get some decisions tomorrow?
D
deleted1220651
Anyone else also get the email about a Dean stepping down this afternoon? Probably not indicative of any particular post-interview decision but can’t help reading into it lol
Last edited by a moderator:
vex10
Full Member
nope lmao i need to send my 1 pg update letter ripAnyone else also get the email about a Dean stepping down this afternoon? Probably not indicative of any particular post-interview decision but can’t help reading into it lol
monkeydiablo
New Member
Do you guys think it's too late to send an update letter? I interviewed in early February and it's been like two weeks but I wasn't sure.
Never too late! Might as wellDo you guys think it's too late to send an update letter? I interviewed in early February and it's been like two weeks but I wasn't sure.
storm_caller
Full Member
+1 IS A via email!!
UCSFpleasegivemethea
New Member
Congrats! Regular MD or MSTP?+1 IS A via email!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tidalplanting
Full Member
congrats!! jmp?Congrats! Regular MD or MSTP?
storm_caller
Full Member
Regular MD!!Congrats! Regular MD or MSTP?
NeMo_
New Member
being neurotic.... Can we see the email lolRegular MD!!
A BETCHESSSS interviewed jan
tidalplanting
Full Member
when is the latest interview date for people who got A tonight? anything past jan 21??
tidalplanting
Full Member
congrats!! when jan?A BETCHESSSS interviewed jan
check pmcongrats!! when jan?
zona_pellucida
New Member
+1 OOS A, interviewed early December. It's either this or UCLA (still waiting to hear) so see y'all in CALI!!!!
pristinepreacher
Full Member
any JMP As today?
Skyline345
Full Member
Congrats!! May I ask when you received the email?+1 OOS A, interviewed mid Nov
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Earlier today around 8 PM EST!Congrats!! May I ask when you received the email?
babysloth123
Full Member
+1 IS acceptance! Yay! Interviewed first batch in October!
tidalplanting
Full Member
has anyone else from last week of jan heardOOS A, interviewed last week of Jan
This also around 5 pm? Congrats!!+1 IS acceptance! Yay! Interviewed first batch in October!
+1 IS A, whoop whoooop. Interviewed 10/14
lol whatbeing neurotic.... Can we see the email lol
anonDoc1955
New Member
have all emails been at the same time I wonder? I thought they said during interview that they would let everyone know at same time whether thats acceptance or WL or R
D
deleted1223922
I don't think so :/ also an early interviewer. We'll probably hear back about WL/R end of this week.anyone know if early interviewers can expect a few more As 🙁
oolongtealover
Full Member
also an early interviewer 🙁 trying to tell myself that its not over till its over but i think it might be 😭anyone know if early interviewers can expect a few more As 🙁
Skyline345
Full Member
Ditto...also an early interviewer 🙁 trying to tell myself that its not over till its over but i think it might be 😭
I don't think so :/ also an early interviewer. We'll probably hear back about WL/R end of this week.
also an early interviewer 🙁 trying to tell myself that its not over till its over but i think it might be 😭
Thanks for the honesty. So close to having my dreams come true 🙁 Does this apply for PRIME, JMP, and MD?
ana.stomosis
Full Member
+1 IS JMP A 🥲
Received a call yesterday afternoon and email confirmation this evening, interviewed January 15.
Does anyone know if I may still be admitted to the traditional track, or if I didn’t receive a second A notification for that track am I most likely WL/R for it given the other As given today? (Not disinterested or ungrateful! Simply concerned about feasibility of the JMP in light of funding changes, although it’s a program I’m v excited about the math may not work out w an extra year in a usuriously expensive region of the country)
Received a call yesterday afternoon and email confirmation this evening, interviewed January 15.
Does anyone know if I may still be admitted to the traditional track, or if I didn’t receive a second A notification for that track am I most likely WL/R for it given the other As given today? (Not disinterested or ungrateful! Simply concerned about feasibility of the JMP in light of funding changes, although it’s a program I’m v excited about the math may not work out w an extra year in a usuriously expensive region of the country)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
positivemunchkin
Full Member
Any release from February 5 interview day? Or would that not be in this release batch…
spicypalomita
New Member
+1 IS A WOOOOHOOOOO interviewed mid-oct
No 🙁has anyone else from last week of jan heard
Imaginarydoc
Full Member
+IS A MD only, Interviewed early nov, got all the emails
This came yesterday and already announced on admit, but taught to put it here for future also.
Best of luck to everyone else wishing the best
This came yesterday and already announced on admit, but taught to put it here for future also.
Best of luck to everyone else wishing the best
Skyline345
Full Member
Are we thinking R/WL are going to be rolled out today for the rest of the early applicants…?