Masters programs- career and stepping stone for PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aspiringpt4191

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!!

So I'm two years out of undergrad and I'm very passionate about pt and I'm determined to become a therapist! I've been working as a rehab tech for two years now and working on my reapplication process.

Besides applying to pt programs i want to apply to other master programs that will actually get me a career after and could be a good stepping stone for pt.

I've heard that masters in public health is good but it seems broad. I'm also looking into human anatomy programs as well.

Does anyone have any similar experience or can help me with this! Thanks everyone 🙂
 
There is another thread going on this same topic right now called "Post grad options", and there have been numerous other threads discussing the pros and cons of masters programs, just FYI.

If your only real goal is to be a PT, a masters program is most definitely not worth the time and money.