Masters to MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cacacancer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone...!

I am a Masters by research student doing cancer research. Is there anyway I can become an oncologist and still continue my research? If so what are the steps that I should be taking?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone...!

I am a Masters by research student doing cancer research. Is there anyway I can become an oncologist and still continue my research? If so what are the steps that I should be taking?

Thank you.
An oncologist is a medical physician and would require you to do 4 years of medical school, 3 years of internal medicine and 3 years of heme onc training. Alternatively if you wanted to focus on cancer research and not clinical applications you could simply get your PhD and focus on cancer research through that. There is no shortcut through medical school however even if you have a masters or a PhD.

Reactions: 1 users
An oncologist is a medical physician and would require you to do 4 years of medical school, 3 years of internal medicine and 3 years of heme onc training. Alternatively if you wanted to focus on cancer research and not clinical applications you could simply get your PhD and focus on cancer research through that. There is no shortcut through medical school however even if you have a masters or a PhD.
Thank you..:)