Match day celebration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SWTink

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school has decided to have our match day celebration at a local bar. My classmates are all a little upset. Does anyone have any ideas of how to throw together a last minute celebration for my class?

Members don't see this ad.

SWTink said:
My school has decided to have our match day celebration at a local bar. My classmates are all a little upset. Does anyone have any ideas of how to throw together a last minute celebration for my class?

I personally don't see the problem with going to a bar for a Match Day celebration. Why are they so upset? Didn't anyone know of Match day and inquire prior to this about any possible planning or was it your actual school who's in charge of it?

My idea would be to get a few of your classmates together or the whole bunch of them and agree that you dont have much choice since (I'm assuming here) it's last minute so renting a hall, caterers and such would be pretty hectic. Maybe go to a place where you can get T'shirts made with your class logo on it and go on a good old fashion pub crawl after a hastily thrown together meal at a restaurant. A little frosh weekish but hey... ;) It will probably be the last time in a long time you can all actually be really irresponsible and get nice and toasty. :D You may not be able to change the locale but the outlook is a possibility. Just my .02 cnts. Good luck. Let me know what happened anyways.

We are renting a bar close to our school and after our match day ceremony everyone heads over there. I went to the one last year and it is so awesome. (it might not be too late to try to do this). Since match day is on St. patricks day, it may be hard to rent a place. Good luck everybody.