MD & DO Match Day is coming...this might help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
specialty.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 35 users
Lol, what can you fake an interest in? Rash or eyes?

Reactions: 3 users
I've seen this a thousand times but the "Do people say 'Meow' when they see you?" always gets me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also related.

Surgery:

Medicine:

Also related.

Surgery:

Medicine:

Man that guy is a total D-Bag

I mean it's like the guy googled "who is the most unfunny comedian", found Dane Cook and said yeah I'll do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Man that guy is a total D-Bag

I mean it's like the guy googled "who is the most unfunny comedian", found Dane Cook and said yeah I'll do that.

He has a pretty big chip on his shoulder. In his new videos he keeps saying/making jokes about how he should be as popular as "Doctor Mike" who has like 3 million Instagram followers or something crazy like that. I think it mainly stems because he isn't as popular and he went to a Carib school. But I do get entertainment from his vids still and he has some good stories/advice.

That Match Day panic. I can feel it in my chest. I gotta stay off SDN.

Reactions: 2 users
He has a pretty big chip on his shoulder. In his new videos he keeps saying/making jokes about how he should be as popular as "Doctor Mike" who has like 3 million Instagram followers or something crazy like that. I think it mainly stems because he isn't as popular and he went to a Carib school. But I do get entertainment from his vids still and he has some good stories/advice.

He should have gone DO then!

So I’m applying medicine but according to this flow chart, I should do general surgery, similar enough right? Should be fine I’m guessing.

In seriousness, I know this flow chart is a joke but if you separate the major fields first, this would be pretty on point.

Last edited:
Rad Onc's not even on the chart and it seems to have like every other specialty. Sad face.

That’s OK, ENT/Vascular Surgery/IR are all residencies that are missing as well.

Reactions: 1 user
This chart has been around for years and has probably been posted on this forum dozens of times. Completely pointless thread.

I only posted it this year. I don't care about likes. The only like I do care about is that I like helping pre-meds and med students be successful.

If it wasn't for Goro, I wouldn't be in med school rn.

Eff what the haters gotta say Goro.

You keep doing your thing big dog!

Reactions: 14 users