Match Day!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCLumas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone on their interviews this season. I'm sure it was a fun, memorable time with at least one or two horror stories intermixed. With Match Day quickly approaching, I thought it would be neat to give ourselves a little countdown to the big moment. Have a fun next two months, fellow fourth year medical students. May everyone match at their number one locations :luck:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Match+Day!&month=03&day=16&year=2012&hour=13&min=00&sec=00&p0=179

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I pretty much have my list. I think. I'm a bit antsy for this long wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lucky you! I've got a general top 3 but have no idea how to put them in order :(
I just did some second looks/talked to my advisor, which I thought these would help to solidify my list, but made me more confused.

I definitely have my number one program on lock down. I am just hoping that I'm in their top tier as well. March 16 cannot come soon enough!

33 days, fellow pediatric brethren!

Officially less than 14 days (~13 days, 21.5 hours)... YIKES!

If the computer program that matches us takes more than 10 minutes to run, I'll eat my stethoscope. I can't disagree with their running the SOAP before we match as well, so that everybody gets an envelope on match day, and that takes 4 days. Does anybody have any idea what they're farting around with during the other 19 days between 22 Feb and 16 Mar? A day or two for quality control, hand-checking some results to make sure nothing went catastrophically wrong with the program maybe? That doesn't fill up the entire time.

If the computer program that matches us takes more than 10 minutes to run, I'll eat my stethoscope. I can't disagree with their running the SOAP before we match as well, so that everybody gets an envelope on match day, and that takes 4 days. Does anybody have any idea what they're farting around with during the other 19 days between 22 Feb and 16 Mar? A day or two for quality control, hand-checking some results to make sure nothing went catastrophically wrong with the program maybe? That doesn't fill up the entire time.

Okay.. so no joke. I was getting ready this morning thinking the same thing. Why does it take three weeks after the DO Match for us to learn our results. Maybe it's time for detective work....

Pemberley said:
Does anybody have any idea what they're farting around with during the other 19 days between 22 Feb and 16 Mar?

the-world-may-never-know.jpg

This is about the time when I wake up in the middle of the night rehashing the interview day at my top 5 programs, and thinking about all the ways I could have sounded wittier or more charming.

Am I the only one who does this?

I just keep having "The Final Countdown" in my head, complete with GOB's illusions.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. May everyone see a "Congratulations!" at noon (eastern)!

I'm with you, can't wait to find out where I'll be for the next 3 years!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. May everyone see a "Congratulations!" at noon (eastern)!

You should post the link to my video...nevermind, I'll do it:

We did this for fun, to kill time this weekend. Very quick. Hope you enjoy it!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjzL319yZc&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Digitl.. I love you and this video so much! In case anyone doesn't know, Digitl is my classmate at LECOM-Bradenton. Enjoy his (and his wife's) wonderful creation!