Match List for Georgetown Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future Drs. of America-

I have tried to find in the preallopatic and on the internet but noone seems to have the Georgetown match list scanned or easily accessible. Does anyone on here, esp georgetown students, mind scanning me a match list for the school and can maybe shed some light on why it just plummeted from the rankings YET has such great matches for competitive residencies. I know there's been some bashing on SDN concerning Gtown recently but i think i'm gonna go find out for myself next month what all the fuss is all about and i'm actually excited to meet this Miss Sullivan lady. She can't scare me!

Can any Georgetown first years talk about their experiences so far and if it has or has not met their expectations so far. I would love to go to DC for med school and would like to hear any input anyone would have. Thanks ahead of time!

P.S.-What's this crazy rumor about attractive students at Gtown!??!?!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm a fourth year at G'Town. I don't have easy access to last year's match list or a scanner for that matter. But, here is a website that shows where previous classes have matched for internal medicine: www.georgetown.edu/faculty/adamsm/

I've really enjoyed my time at G'Town. I think its greatest strength is the kind of students it recruits. Most of my classmates are pretty smart and social too. You won't find many nerdy, back-stabbing freaks here. As far negatives go, the facilities are average at best and the cost of living is high. G'Town's low ranking is probably due to the fact that it is not a big research institution; it doesn't receive much NIH funding compared to the big name programs.

P.S. The students here may be more attractive than your average group of med students, but that isn't saying much.;)

cool. thnxk.