PhD/PsyD Match results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be traveling that day (unexpectedly due to an ill family member). I’ll be in the air 1015am-1245pm and again 115pm-245pm. I’ll probably miss that important call (if i match), will that be okay to just call back when I land??

Members don't see this ad.

I will be traveling that day (unexpectedly due to an ill family member). I’ll be in the air 1015am-1245pm and again 115pm-245pm. I’ll probably miss that important call (if i match), will that be okay to just call back when I land??

Yeah. My call was very much just "so I see you matched to us here at X site. Congratulations! We look forward to working with you and you'll be receiving a confirmation letter soon."

Reactions: 1 user
When do training directors call? I know it’s an hour after we get our results but is that an hour from the email or the 10am universal time it is posted on the NMS site?

Per APPIC policy, training directors and applicants with whom they've matched can contact one another beginning at 11:00 am on Match Day. So an hour from the 10:00 am universal time.

Members don't see this ad :)
5:03 am PST.

Barely slept, woke up on and off, was awake and reading another member report that her email came in and mine came right after. I was so tired that I thought I was hallucinating that I matched to my first choice, so I woke my partner up to read and confirm lol. Then I missed the phone call from my TD after crashing from exhaustion. Looking back that was exciting. But at the time, my anxiety definitely got the best of me the entire evening/morning leading up to it.

Probably just my anxiety but still don't understand why we have to wait this long to get our match results...ugh feels like an eternity.

My email came through at 8:00AM EST, but there was a member of my cohort who didn't receive hers until a little later. Got my call from the Training Director right at 11:00AM- call was brief and positive, mostly "congratulations and look forward to working with you soon"

Reactions: 1 users
yall. help me. im so bad at make up. ive just barely learned how to do my eyebrows. sometimes i remember lip gloss.

(maybe match morning i'll spend time practicing make up......)
haha GIRL, youtube videos but even that's getting ridiculously unrealistic these days ('no-makeup makeup look' with 19 products and takes 3 hours to spackle on smh). Or just buy a bunch of the cheap stuff and get your practice on, not to go anywhere, just to lounge around the house. Do it a few times and intuition and natural artistry will emerge and converge. It's fun!! And who cares if you look crazy, you can always wash it off and try again!!

The Psychology of Makeup (copyright), books and graduate level courses coming soon hahahaha

Reactions: 2 users
A current intern at my site told me that she received her email much later then peers. Her last name starts with a C so that doesn't seem right to me. Code # could be right!
Do they go in alphabetical order? My last name starts with an A so I'm freaking out now haha

Do they go in alphabetical order? My last name starts with an A so I'm freaking out now haha
Nah, pretty sure it's completely random - just goes in batches ;) Though if you're on the West, it's a little easier because you might wake up and have the results already. Wait, no, you probably won't sleep a whole lot while waiting. Ugh I do not miss being in the throes of this process!

Reactions: 1 users