Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRealDrZ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else chompin' at the bit to get this over with and figure out where in the crap we'll be this summer???????????? :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone here who is in the Match is! I still dont know why it takes 3weeks from the time everything is submitted to find out whats up??

PTP said:
Everyone here who is in the Match is! I still dont know why it takes 3weeks from the time everything is submitted to find out whats up??
Hopefully they're error checking. I'd much rather it take 3 weeks if that means they get it right. Although it might be left over from when they had to do this by hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also hope its for error checks...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Match Day will come and go before you know it. Then you'll start your intern year in July and before you know it you'll be done with intern year and you'll wonder how it all happened so fast. Time flies!

And yes... let's ALL hope they're error checking :)

Good luck guys! :luck:

DRealDrZ said:
I also hope its for error checks...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
So I was wandering around the NRMP site the other day (momentary irrational panic that I hadn't certified my ROL) and look what I found under the FAQ... :)

Why does it take three weeks from rank order list deadline to Match Day?

During that time, NRMP takes a number of major steps to assure the accuracy of both the Match and the subsequent release of Match information. Those steps include:

* Checking the integrity and completeness of the data.
* Transferring the data to the algorithm module, checking it again, and running the Match.
* Verifying the results of the Match and transferring the data into the NRMP databases.
* Creating more than 60,000 individual reports for applicants, programs, and schools, and assuring confidentiality of the information. The reports are then posted to the web in accordance with the Match Results schedule.
* In addition, time is allotted for unmatched applicants and unfilled programs to make decisions before Match Day.