matcharesident vs. freida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

playingfrombehind

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone I was wondering which source would you trust more matcharesident vs. FREIDA online

There have been at least 60 schools where matcharesident says "no minimum score" yet on FREIDA online they list a minimum score.

Not sure which source to trust?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hey everyone I was wondering which source would you trust more matcharesident vs. FREIDA online

There have been at least 60 schools where matcharesident says "no minimum score" yet on FREIDA online they list a minimum score.

Not sure which source to trust?

I have never knowingly provided program information for matcharesident. I update FREIDA every year.

Reactions: 1 user
Matcharesident seems a little bootleg to say the least.

Obviously FREIDA. It's the word straight from the horse's mouth.

Ok because matacharesident indicates when it "updated" the info. All their information has been updated as of late July 2015 so I thought this would be most up to date.

Also one last question - if FREIDA indicates a minimum score for interview i.e. 230 Then is this pretty hard/cold requirement? If I have a step 1 score < 230 then I should not apply?

Matcharesident is a paid service that seeks to make money off of people that aren't very good at using the data already available to them via things like FREIDA. PDs directly update their FREIDA entries. Matcharesident simply takes information from these entries and the websites of the programs (or possibly contacts them directly if certain things are unavailable). FREIDA is always correct, but sometimes vague, as certain things (like average Step score) can only be listed in ranges (221-240, for instance). If you go to their website, you might see the actual number is 230.

The minimums listed for application on FREIDA are the absolute minimum. PDs algorithmically filter their applications based on those minimums and anything falling below them never sees their desk.