Matching possibility

Started by deleted1049832
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1049832

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted in another thread in the DO subforum, but I'm a struggling student. I'm questioning if it's realistically worth continuing for the next 2 years if I won't match by the end. I failed a class (and remediation exam) in M2, had to sit out a year, passed the class, but then failed Level 1. I have to retake Level 1, but if I fail it a second time, I get pulled out of rotations for another year. I don't want to think about the latter possibility, but assuming I can pass the test, what do I need to do to match in FM (I think all other specialties are out) with multiple red flags on my application? I didn't do any volunteering/community service my first two years, because I was just trying to get by classes.
 
I posted in another thread in the DO subforum, but I'm a struggling student. I'm questioning if it's realistically worth continuing for the next 2 years if I won't match by the end. I failed a class (and remediation exam) in M2, had to sit out a year, passed the class, but then failed Level 1. I have to retake Level 1, but if I fail it a second time, I get pulled out of rotations for another year. I don't want to think about the latter possibility, but assuming I can pass the test, what do I need to do to match in FM (I think all other specialties are out) with multiple red flags on my application? I didn't do any volunteering/community service my first two years, because I was just trying to get by classes.

Yikes.
 
I posted in another thread in the DO subforum, but I'm a struggling student. I'm questioning if it's realistically worth continuing for the next 2 years if I won't match by the end. I failed a class (and remediation exam) in M2, had to sit out a year, passed the class, but then failed Level 1. I have to retake Level 1, but if I fail it a second time, I get pulled out of rotations for another year. I don't want to think about the latter possibility, but assuming I can pass the test, what do I need to do to match in FM (I think all other specialties are out) with multiple red flags on my application? I didn't do any volunteering/community service my first two years, because I was just trying to get by classes.
I had classmates with failures match rural fm. The trick is to not fail again, have you solved whatever the problem was?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I hope you are doing good. I am following your comments on different posts and want to thank you for your encouraging remarks.
I wanted to have an insight from you regarding my match prospective in to FM. I am a NON US IMG 2013 GRAD (223,227(2nd attempt, CS) applying for this year FM residency. I am about to take my Step 3 next month. I have done 6 months of rotations in FM the US (all in university hospitals) and currently volunteering for contract tracing for covid 19 at a local community hospital. During all these year I was working in my home country with on and off rotations in the US. Do you think I have a chance for upcoming match?? I shall appreciate your valuable response.
I honestly am ignorant of details here. Were you practicing medicine in your hone country? If not I would be worried about you as an intern just being too far behind. I also don’t know if there is an expiration date to step exams (i think there is) so you might be trouble from that time frame. There are a number of complications to your situation. Can you get a license at home? Do you need a visa sponsorship?