• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

opium7980

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi Guys,
I would like to know how much chance can I have if I rank an avg. community program as #1 in my list and they rank me within 50, say suppose they have 10 positions.

I would just like to know the chance....
all the best and hope everyone matches...............

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Fixing in 10% neutral buffered formalin
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I don't think anyone can give you an answer, especially since you don't say what field it is in and what "average" means, and where the program is.

You should not rank this program #1 because you think it will increase your chances of matching there. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that they increase their odds by ranking a program higher. Rank programs in the order that you like them, you will match at the one that ranked you high enough, regardless of your own order.

About the Ads

mig26x

15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Miami, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
thtats a very difficult question that you are asking there!!! almost 3 weeks for the match!!!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.