Matching Scholarship Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boston_3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I know I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to post this question, so I hope this isn't coming off as bragging in any way! I recently received merit offers from two schools, and I am still awaiting financial aid offers from a few other schools. My questions are:
  1. When is the right time frame to contact schools to see if they can match other scholarship offers? I worry that now may be too soon since most aid packages have not gone out yet.
  2. If I later receive an even better scholarship offer, is it rude to reach out again to see if they'd match an even better offer?
Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

1. No earlier than March.
Could you please explain why no earlier than March? I’ve already reached out to a few and now I’m worried I showed my hand thinking I had an ace of spades when it was a bunch of bologna

Could you please explain why no earlier than March? I’ve already reached out to a few and now I’m worried I showed my hand thinking I had an ace of spades when it was a bunch of bologna
1. because many aid packages have not gone out
2. because many folks have multiple offers and the class list is not finalized

Reactions: 1 users