Quantcast

Matchup of BR Passages from new 2015 books with EK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxabi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi everyone,

I know this might be a long shot, but to save me some time, does anyone have a matchup of BR passages from the new books (2015 Orgo/Bio books) in coordination with EK chapters?

I know @mcatjelly was nice enough to publish their pdf with coordinating BR passages from the 2012-2013 versions, but i recently bought my books so this doesn't apply to most of them. Wanted to see if anyone had done it before I attempt it myself!

gabegp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know this might be a long shot, but to save me some time, does anyone have a matchup of BR passages from the new books (2015 Orgo/Bio books) in coordination with EK chapters?

I know @mcatjelly was nice enough to publish their pdf with coordinating BR passages from the 2012-2013 versions, but i recently bought my books so this doesn't apply to most of them. Wanted to see if anyone had done it before I attempt it myself!

Hey @xxabi, I was wondering if you went ahead and matched them up?

xxabi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey @xxabi, I was wondering if you went ahead and matched them up?

Sorry for the bad news, but I did not. I actually decided to just do content + practice passages with TBR exclusively. And while it was (is) time consuming, it is SO MUCH easier to do TBR passages after reading the corresponding chapters. I struggled to do the chapters after just reading EK. Granted, I'm a few years out of college so my knowledge is recent, but just my two cents!

gabegp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. What is your plan for the practice exams at the end of the books? I was thinking of maybe completing all passages relevant to the chapter I just read, but feel like that might be a lot of work for a given day. I may just put them off until I finish the book.

dboyhaaan

Reaction score
I've been using the new BR set for content review + passages and at night, before going to bed, I'll casually read a chapter from EK. So for example, after doing the stoichiometry chapter in BR, I will read the first chapter from EK even though stoichiometry is only one small part of the entire chapter. I figured I'm eventually going to run into the other material as I progress so why does it matter if it hasn't come up in BR yet? This way I'm getting the bigger picture of what I covered earlier in BR (in this case, stoichiometry) and I'm also exposing myself ahead of time to content that will come up in future BR chapters. So I don't really worry if the material matches up or not.

I'm saving the 30 minute exams for after I finish review and move strictly to practice / FLs.