Matchup of BR Passages from new 2015 books with EK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxabi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know this might be a long shot, but to save me some time, does anyone have a matchup of BR passages from the new books (2015 Orgo/Bio books) in coordination with EK chapters?

I know @mcatjelly was nice enough to publish their pdf with coordinating BR passages from the 2012-2013 versions, but i recently bought my books so this doesn't apply to most of them. Wanted to see if anyone had done it before I attempt it myself!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I know this might be a long shot, but to save me some time, does anyone have a matchup of BR passages from the new books (2015 Orgo/Bio books) in coordination with EK chapters?

I know @mcatjelly was nice enough to publish their pdf with coordinating BR passages from the 2012-2013 versions, but i recently bought my books so this doesn't apply to most of them. Wanted to see if anyone had done it before I attempt it myself!

Hey @xxabi, I was wondering if you went ahead and matched them up?

Hey @xxabi, I was wondering if you went ahead and matched them up?

Sorry for the bad news, but I did not. I actually decided to just do content + practice passages with TBR exclusively. And while it was (is) time consuming, it is SO MUCH easier to do TBR passages after reading the corresponding chapters. I struggled to do the chapters after just reading EK. Granted, I'm a few years out of college so my knowledge is recent, but just my two cents!

Thanks for letting me know. What is your plan for the practice exams at the end of the books? I was thinking of maybe completing all passages relevant to the chapter I just read, but feel like that might be a lot of work for a given day. I may just put them off until I finish the book.

I've been using the new BR set for content review + passages and at night, before going to bed, I'll casually read a chapter from EK. So for example, after doing the stoichiometry chapter in BR, I will read the first chapter from EK even though stoichiometry is only one small part of the entire chapter. I figured I'm eventually going to run into the other material as I progress so why does it matter if it hasn't come up in BR yet? This way I'm getting the bigger picture of what I covered earlier in BR (in this case, stoichiometry) and I'm also exposing myself ahead of time to content that will come up in future BR chapters. So I don't really worry if the material matches up or not.

I'm saving the 30 minute exams for after I finish review and move strictly to practice / FLs.