Math doesn't count toward science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ki-100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why AACOMAS doesn't count math in science but AMCAS does?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you elaborate the difference? Thank you.

You have to follow the guide for each application service as you fill it out.

Besides the math situation, another example is that AACOMAS counted my nursing classes as science classes, but AMCAS did not. There are many classification differences.

Reactions: 1 users
Damn it. I hate to hear that. My sGPA is a 3.8 but nursing classes are a solid 3.0

You can check out the science GPA classification on the AMCAS website and the AACOMAS as they are both relatively different. Why is there a difference, I'm not certain.

I don't think I had any non nursing classes for mine. DO may not help me out as much as I thought. I hate how subjective the scale in nursing is, as well as only being a 7 point instead of a 10 point. I never got less than a 90 in any class, but it still wrecked my average.

it really murks my upward trend.

Pre Army, I had 30 hours with a cGPA of about 2.7
Post Army, I took about 50 hours and had a cGPA (of just the post army classes of a 3.96)

My 2 year RN diploma gpa was around a 2.8-2.9 or so I would guess (my nursing gpa included prereq grades which is why I ended up with a 3.0-3.2 something like that)

my Rn to Bsn is almost complete (2 more classes left) and so far I have a 3.73 in this program.

overall cGPA now is a 3.43 including RN to BSN. 104 hours.

Awhile back I calculated my current sGPA and it is ~3.7

So sGPA 3.7/cGPA 3.43 (When nursing is not counted as sGPA)
With I guess my sGPA would be in the vicinity of 3.3-3.4

*Just noticed that my Rn-Bsn institution did not include my RN diploma grades. Ugh. I have an additional 70 hours or so of these classes I would estimate, so I figure that brings me somewhere to like a 3.2-3.3 cGPA.

**Maybe not, I was figuring my diploma program would be 70 hours, but if a typical bachelors is around 126 hours, and I had 30 hours of prereqs, and RN-to-BSN is 25 I believe, that only leaves

Last edited: