Math LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farrah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do adcoms view recommendation letters from math profs? Is it better to just get Bio Chem Physics? Is math one of your science recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

well science gpa does include math.

hence its part of the BCPM gpa....bio, chem, physics, math.

i dont see why it wouldnt be.

I would seriously doubt that even though amcas includes it in science gpa.
I would call the schools and ask them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I hope it counts - i'd planned on asking my diffeq proff for a lor. It's really a bitch to get science lor's when you arent a chem/bio major :mad:

i think you will be fine cerb and farrah...

math is inherent in all the sciences, if you did well in a math class...and damn cerb's math class is tough...im sure it will be a good letter. but i guess you should call just cause the seeds of paranoia have been planted by one questioning person....haha.

well, emailed about 22 schools concerning the math lor (i also asked if they accept the fap waiver). Of the 3 that have replied (UVA, UMICH, Temple), Temple is the only that doesnt accept the math lor as a science lor. When I get more info from the schools i will post it.

Addition: Cornell also wants 2 science letters.

Cerberus said:
It's really a bitch to get science lor's when you arent a chem/bio major :mad:

Trying being a liberal arts major :D Hell, I can't even get a math letter. I did manage to get one from a physics professor though, but I'm still missing my final science lor -- and have no idea where to get it. :confused: