math requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbunny56

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so far i've taken the following courses

elementary statistics
pre-calculus
calculus I

does this count as a year of college math? i'm not sure about how pre-calculus counts as college or high school math

i can take biostatistics too just in case, what do u guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I know calculus I and Statistics are both recommended heavily.. Not sure if pre-calc counts but I'd recommend taking stats regardless

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know calculus I and Statistics are both recommended heavily.. Not sure if pre-calc counts but I'd recommend taking stats regardless

You recommend taking the bio stats? I'm applying this cycle but I'll send a grade update to schools (it might help)

Reactions: 1 user
so far i've taken the following courses

elementary statistics
pre-calculus
calculus I

does this count as a year of college math? i'm not sure about how pre-calculus counts as college or high school math

i can take biostatistics too just in case, what do u guys think?

the definition is going to be courses at the 100 level or higher
courses below 100 are by definition not college level

Pre-calc won't count, but calc I and elementary statistics will, meaning you'll meet the math requirements for any med school. I got credit for Calc 1 from high school and am taking Biometry this coming year. Many schools only require 1 semester of math or none at all, but some require 2

You recommend taking the bio stats? I'm applying this cycle but I'll send a grade update to schools (it might help)

I recommend taking a college level statistics course. I don't know how much the grade update will help but if you don't mind doing it, then go for it!

I recommend taking a college level statistics course. I don't know how much the grade update will help but if you don't mind doing it, then go for it!

so I should take "Introduction to Biostatistics" in addition to "elementary statistics"?

so I should take "Introduction to Biostatistics" in addition to "elementary statistics"?

I am sure either of those classes are fine.. Just make sure its college-level.. I took a statistics course for scientific research but it was a 300 level class I believe.