Math Requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fireblast713

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if most dental schools require a year of math I have 2 quarters worth one of them through AP credits. I'm thinking about taking a 3rd quarter of calc, but I'd rather not if I don't need to. Anyone know if most dental schools require/want a full year of calc? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Answer: No

But your BA degree may have a minimal math requirement in order to graduate.

Also, research for yourself a school's requirements/pre-requisites by going to their website. They spell it out for you. It wouldn't hurt for you to make the effort. Besides, it's best to get your information directly from the schools vs from a chat board where people can (and do) give misinformation at times. Just a tip . . .

thanks :) yea I'm going to do some research I just figured I'd ask to get a general idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Math is not required but its an important subject to learn (in my opinion).

I have always been more of a math / physics freak and even though a my minors in mathematics did NOTHING for me (job market wise), I still think its one of the most essecntial subjects a person can master.

Besides, the QR part of the DAT focuses alot on basic algebra / trig / and story problems (kinda stuff you see alot on the pre-calculus course).

Harvard has a very specific math requirement..check it out if you care.