Matriculation Rate for schools?

Started by wuhanese
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wuhanese

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For MSTP schools, once we get an interview, how do we find out the % of people who are accepted after?

Or to put in other words, schools disclose the # of people enrolled and interviewed each year, but what's the matriculation rate?

Specifically, for international-friendly schools such as Columbia, UPenn, UTSW, WashU, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Emory?
 
My knee-jerk reaction is to say that it doesn't and shouldn't matter, because you knowing the matriculation rate has no effect on your chance of admission...but I know I wondered the same things when I was applying. A safe estimate for yield is between 25-40% at most MSTPs, I think. Significantly higher for two programs whose identities you can probably guess.