Max characters for essay questions

Started by aspdpt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aspdpt

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing great with the application process and are finding a way to stay stress free! Quick question about supplemental essay questions. When given the max amount of characters (e.g 1500, 2000, etc.), is it usually recommended to get close to the max or as long as you're able to explain yourself well you should be good?

Hope you can help, thanks!
 
Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing great with the application process and are finding a way to stay stress free! Quick question about supplemental essay questions. When given the max amount of characters (e.g 1500, 2000, etc.), is it usually recommended to get close to the max or as long as you're able to explain yourself well you should be good?

Hope you can help, thanks!

As long as you’re able to explain yourself well
 
Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing great with the application process and are finding a way to stay stress free! Quick question about supplemental essay questions. When given the max amount of characters (e.g 1500, 2000, etc.), is it usually recommended to get close to the max or as long as you're able to explain yourself well you should be good?

Hope you can help, thanks!
I was probably 5-20 characters shy of the max for each of my essay questions. I didn't set out to write so close to the max, but I found that when responding to each question I couldn't help but go over. If anything, I actually had to make my responses more succinct. The more you can say, the more a program can learn about you; but don't pepper your responses with unnecessary information just to increase the character count. If you're worried about it have someone you know read you responses and they'll be able to tell you if your being longwinded or too brief