Maxillofacial trauma book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ian

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Can anyone recommend a good textbook on maxillofacial trauma surgery (internal fixation, etc)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! Can anyone recommend a good textbook on maxillofacial trauma surgery (internal fixation, etc)? Thanks!

AO resources are great, both the online surgery reference and the book "Principles of Internal Fixation of the Craniomaxillofacial Skeleton".

I've also used "Mathog's Atlas of Craniofacial Trauma". Extremely comprehensive, very practical.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! We see a lot of facial trauma in our area due to a high prevalence of motorcycles with unqualified drivers.

AO online resources are a MUST and they are FREE....amazing app strongly recommend it for your iPad, etc.

An AMAZING high yield book is "Surgical Approaches to the Facial Skeleton 2nd edition by Edward Ellis III and Michael Zide" I strongly recommend it.
Any studies by Ed Ellis are outstanding (I am assuming you can get many of these for free) and will cover what you are looking for.