MAy 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemwiz14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to call the school that you plan on attending on May 15 to let them know you are going, or do you just have to let the other schools know that you are not going there??????

Members don't see this ad.

You must withdraw from the schools you are not going to be attending and accept the one you do want to attend. So you should be in contact with all schools you are holding an acceptance to and either withdraw or reconfirm your attendance.

ShyRem said:
You must withdraw from the schools you are not going to be attending and accept the one you do want to attend. So you should be in contact with all schools you are holding an acceptance to and either withdraw or reconfirm your attendance.
Is this really true? I just withdrew from all schools but 1...I didn't realize you also have to reconfirm with the other school.

Members don't see this ad :)
SuzieQ3417 said:
Is this really true? I just withdrew from all schools but 1...I didn't realize you also have to reconfirm with the other school.

I don't think you have to reconfirm with the school you're going to attend, unless it is a school that does the tentative/firm acceptance thing. Then if you tentatively accepted right after the offer you'd have to change it to a firm acceptance.

SuzieQ3417 said:

There is no need to "reconfirm" an acceptance, but it is probably a good idea if you've been holding the acceptance for awhile to make sure you acceptance was finalized (ie transcripts and background check processed without problems) just to be sure you are squared away and ready to start in the summer, because it would suck to have some clerical error or misstep preclude you from matriculating after getting a bunch of acceptances.