May 27 interview at Finch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paws

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was invited to interview at Finch but the interview is for May 27. I already have two acceptances and am pretty happy with that so I don't plan on attending this. But I was surprised that they still invite for so late a date. They were super nice on the phone everytime I called and I have to say I liked the admissions people alot.

Is this late date a real anomaly? :confused: Anyone heard of such a late date? If I didn't have any acceptances I would still jump at the opportunity to go.

Members don't see this ad.

there are schools that interview through june. its not common at all schools but also not very surprising.

I finished my secondary for Finch back in November, and haven't heard a word from them since hearing that my application was complete.
And my roomate is in the exact situation (as I am). So it was pretty interesting to hear somebody else who is just now getting news from them.
Good luck with everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Howard also interviews really late, I heard some people got interviews last year well into June!!

paws, how did they notify you? call, email, regular mail?

They send interview invites through regular mail.

PS- If you are in the area (or even if you are not I suppose), call them up and make sure you indicate you are available for last minute interviews. They invite more people, when people cancel last minute ...

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I was really happy to be invited and to be honest I would still go just for the experience except that I don't have any money at all right now. I've never been to Chicago, either so I would definitely like to see it.

The way I found out about this was that I called them in early March, asking about my application status, same old thing I asked all my schools. Except that while other schools were like, 'still under review' Finch was super nice and the guy I spoke to said that I was down for an interview and my actually calling and expressing my interest was a BIG plus for me. :) He said, they like students who really want to go there and who show their interest clearly. He also said to write an update letter and send it along to his attention. So cool! He also said to call again in a few weeks and check again, which I did.

So if anyone is still waiting to hear from Finch and you just love the school - please call them and tell them that! I have to say, some school's admin offices were pretty short and unfriendly on the phone (cough, cough, Stanford, NYMC ...) but other schools - especially Finch - were awesome.