May I request additional break during the test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twinsmom

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pregnant, do you guys think they will allow me to have more than one break? I don't think I can sit there for 2 hours.:(
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pregnant, do you guys think they will allow me to have more than one break? I don't think I can sit there for 2 hours.:(
Thanks.

I don't know about special accommodations, but if you finish a section early, you can request to take another bathroom break. The process is that you raise your hand to make the request, give the proctor your exam, and then go to the designated bathroom. On your return, you'll have to show your ID to be allowed back to your seat.

I don't know about special accommodations, but if you finish a section early, you can request to take another bathroom break. The process is that you raise your hand to make the request, give the proctor your exam, and then go to the designated bathroom. On your return, you'll have to show your ID to be allowed back to your seat.

Thanks! Bad thing is that they put math part at the end, which I am sure I can finish earlier.
:mad:

Thanks! Bad thing is that they put math part at the end, which I am sure I can finish earlier.
:mad:

but realistically speaking..... every section is very tight on time so ionno if you'll have extra time to take a break..

its probably something you should've discussed with the harcourt ppl. They could do special sittings for people with religious reason, I don't see why they won't give you extra break time, but its probably something you should've arranged.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not pregnant but due suffer from overactive bladder (not really diagnosed or taking meds but when I gotta go I gotta go).
So the June PCAT was my first and horrific. I live an hour from the test site so I downed probably 3+ cups of coffee in transit. Went to the restroom as soon as I got there, then boom at the beginning of chemistry, it hit. I couldn't even focus by question 15. I almost started crying. I obviously didn't score the exam.
I'm not wasting $150 again, I'm wearing Depends. My future depends on it. He he:laugh:

I live an hour from the test site so I downed probably 3+ cups of coffee in transit. Went to the restroom as soon as I got there, then boom at the beginning of chemistry, it hit. I couldn't even focus by question 15. I almost started crying. I obviously didn't score the exam.
I'm not wasting $150 again, I'm wearing Depends. My future depends on it. He he:laugh:

Do not drink coffee or any drink laced with caffeine before taking a big test. It would make you jittery plus caffeine is a diuretic. Good luck on the PCAT.