May Is Here..scores Are Coming

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finality333

fĭ-zĭsh'ən
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMG......its may 1.....guys i don't think i can wait 15 more days. Is anyone else feeling really really crazy now that its may...i can't stop thinking about MCAT......i want my score:scared: :scared: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

OMG......its may 1.....guys i don't think i can wait 15 more days. Is anyone else feeling really really crazy now that its may...i can't stop thinking about MCAT......i want my score:scared: :scared: :scared:

I wish I could get a sneak peak of it. Like AAMC should have a question box that says, "what score are you hoping you got on the exam? ______ (enter any number 0-45)" and based on whatever number you put it gives you a :thumbup: or :thumbdown: if you are above or below what you got. Of course, if they did this, I would keep entering numbers until I got my exact score :laugh:

I wish I could get a sneak peak of it. Like AAMC should have a question box that says, "what score are you hoping you got on the exam? ______ (enter any number 0-45)" and based on whatever number you put it gives you a :thumbup: or :thumbdown: if you are above or below what you got. Of course, if they did this, I would keep entering numbers until I got my exact score :laugh:

It'd be more interesting if you had one try. Would you take the safe route and enter a low score or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would enter in the lowest score I feel is acceptable. Then as long as I was above that, this waiting game would be a lot more bearable.

i wouldnt use it if they had it. if u plug in, say 27, as a safe bet thinking that you got 30+, and happen to see a thumbs down, you're going to go crazier waiting to see how low you got.

i wouldnt use it if they had it. if u plug in, say 27, as a safe bet thinking that you got 30+, and happen to see a thumbs down, you're going to go crazier waiting to see how low you got.

well then, at least you know you have to start studying ASAP to prepare for a retake! :D

And I agree, I wish I could like enter say 32 and see a thumbs up, then I'd be like ok sweet I didn't get any lower than that. Now I can just chill, wait for the exact score to be released, and avoid the consuming thoughts of a retake.

well then, at least you know you have to start studying ASAP to prepare for a retake! :D

And I agree, I wish I could like enter say 32 and see a thumbs up, then I'd be like ok sweet I didn't get any lower than that. Now I can just chill, wait for the exact score to be released, and avoid the consuming thoughts of a retake.

Unless you pulled a 14/5/13 :scared:

What if you put in your guess as like a 27, and AAMC gives you a Thumbs down..then the screen refreshes and says, "juuust kidding! sucker."

I think I would jump out the window. :eek:

I am pretty nervous about all of this stuff. Hopefully I did well on it, but dont really wanna talk about it too much. BTW - Did anybody take the exam on April 12th, 2007, and think that the Verbal and Biological Sciences were awesome and then the Physical Science section was conceptually difficult and kind of sketchy?

Yes surfermed - I thought exactly the same thing! I know there have been a lot of complaints about the verbal section that day, but I didn't think it was that bad. Bio wasn't bad either, especially the organic, but that PS was killer. It don't remember calculating hardly anything at all, it all seemed to be conceptual-type stuff, which I hate!

Holey-moley... I feel exactly the same way. Finally, some people that agree. PS is usually my strongest section, but day-of, it felt like I was taking a random mish-mosh of weird chem questions-- and the couple physics passages just seemed bizarre.

Then VR and BS were way better than I was hoping.....

Who knows? I'll probably end up doing well on PS and decent on VR/BS like usual...

I thought the april 7 scores were up when i saw that new thread!
and then i didn't want to check my score when i thought they were really up...but i did, and they are not up yet.
wow i am ridiculously wired right now!

I thought the april 7 scores were up when i saw that new thread!
and then i didn't want to check my score when i thought they were really up...but i did, and they are not up yet.
wow i am ridiculously wired right now!

haha yeah my heart skipped a beat too - I saw that it was the Official Score thread, so I thought the scores had been released and it was there for people to post....I'm not expecting anything until at least midnight tomorrow, though. But actually, I'm expecting it to be along the lines as the January release, which was scheduled for February 28 and came out around 5 am eastern on the 28th....so I'm thinking we're looking at early Wednesday morning.

haha yeah my heart skipped a beat too - I saw that it was the Official Score thread, so I thought the scores had been released and it was there for people to post....I'm not expecting anything until at least midnight tomorrow, though. But actually, I'm expecting it to be along the lines as the January release, which was scheduled for February 28 and came out around 5 am eastern on the 28th....so I'm thinking we're looking at early Wednesday morning.

8 days. ahh!

Hey TraumaTech and merlinwall,
First of all - to Merlin, dude thats my Cats name I have this white cat merlin I named him that because the disney movie "The Sword in the Stone" where Merlin goes to Bermuda was my favorite movie as a kid. I just loved that part where he gets pissed and gets into his boardshorts and states that he's gonna go to Bermuda. That rediculousness aside, I wanted to address both of you who had the same feelings I did about the MCAT on April 12th.
First of all, most people that add to the MCAT threads had mentioned a wicked hard VR section. I thought the VR was really challenging, but since I had done like 10 AAMC practice exams and examkrackers and Kaplan exams, I was able to tell it was a "Hard" section, but still thought I rocked it simply beause I had been practicing for months. For that reason (and probably that reason alone), I thought it was easy. On the Biological Sciences, I think I missed like 10 MAYBE .... so hopefully around an 11 or 12. But as for the PS - as you all agreed - what the hell? I got a passage about sound waves in water, some crap about bringing a dude to the moon where you have 1/6th gravity that tried to tie in Bouyant force and F = ma like mg - U/m....which I understood, but they messed it up way worse than that and didnt ask any straightforward pressure questions or any plug and chug (which are bad enough usually since you have to memorize how to manipulate 50 different equations, but I am good at nonetheless). And as for the discretes, which I usually rock (I usually scored a 10 and a rare 11 on the PS practice AAMC exams) were WAY harder this time...I think I got like, barely over 2/3rds of the discretes right. Man, it was bad...way worse than any I've ever taken. Do you all think that section will be scaled accordingly? Thanks.

One last thing to add about the Physical Sciences. I did horrible on it last time - I was unprepared after like a month of studying. Although the MCAT didnt go bad (I got a 27, so not great, but a respectable score) last time, I did horrible on a PS section that "seemed" like cake. I thought I scored a 9 to a 10 on this particular section last time I took the exam. It must have been scored really unfairly, because I got a 7 on it. This time, I knew 4 times more physics and was more than 2 times better prepared, but I "feel" like I got a 6 on it. Granted there is a pretty good chance it is still anywhere from a 7 to an 8, and wouldnt be surprised at all if I land a 9 on it, it still "FEELS" like I probably got a 6 on it because of how crazy it was. So heres the question:
If many people get an exam that has an extremely difficult section on it, is it scaled accordingly persay, or could there possibly be a lot of people that get a 7 to an 8 on it, but still DO NOT acheive a 9 or a 10? The reason I ask is because there are always going to be a handful of physics majors that rock it in comparison to the general population taking the exam - no matter how hard the respective section is. Are there enough of these people taking it that even a messed up section could yield someone a score of, lets say, 7 that usually gets a 10 on a "normal" Physical sciences section? I probably overcomplicated this, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

love your cat's name! haha-- merlin is the best-- I got into the whole arthur thing from The Once and Future King....

I totally agree about verbal-- I focused on that section the most.
I'm HOPING on Bio I missed just a few silly mistakes. I thought it was hard, but had findable tricks-- like the 2 genetics/mitochondrial discrete... tricky, but once you caught on it was clear you got it...
Physics, HAD NONE of those padded easy straightforward questions! Underwater rays... c'mon! It didn't even feel like science... read the crazy chart and find the answer, more like it. No way to know if we got them right or wrong.... We'll know in just more than a week...

Really looking forward to hearing how 4/7's did--- Best of luck tonight/tomorrow guys!

merlinwall.
Thanks, that settles it. I totally agree, there is no way to know. They knew what they were doing, and after hearing what you said I have no doubt in my mind that everyone that receiving that section who wasnt a complete and absolute genious struggled. I agree with you on the genetics questions as well. I missed the one that was like neutrophil movement is... (Chemotactic) and put like inflmmation-mediated, and screwed up that one question where noone of the descendants would get the mitochondrial DNA since it wasnt carried by the mother in the stem and only the father had it. Accounting for that, I think i probably missed 10 or less out of like 52, so felt that it went really well. But PS - right there with ya!
Best of Luck!

love your cat's name! haha-- merlin is the best-- I got into the whole arthur thing from The Once and Future King....

I totally agree about verbal-- I focused on that section the most.
I'm HOPING on Bio I missed just a few silly mistakes. I thought it was hard, but had findable tricks-- like the 2 genetics/mitochondrial discrete... tricky, but once you caught on it was clear you got it...
Physics, HAD NONE of those padded easy straightforward questions! Underwater rays... c'mon! It didn't even feel like science... read the crazy chart and find the answer, more like it. No way to know if we got them right or wrong.... We'll know in just more than a week...

Really looking forward to hearing how 4/7's did--- Best of luck tonight/tomorrow guys!

Damn, my heart is pumping for you guys too, even though I won't be taking the deng test till sept. Ok think positive now, come on u all can do it