Mayo Financial Package/Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UGtoMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into Baylor and Mayo (Rochester, MN). I sent back my acceptance to Mayo's offer and am yet to get financial package information from them. From other threads, I have seen that students have got financial packages negotiating with them on the fees they would be paying if they had chosen something other than Mayo. I would like to get some scholarship from them if at all possible. Would they even be giving me any $$ since I have already sent my acceptance? I would have paid ~$18,000 if I were to join Baylor vs ~$50,000 for Mayo. I am not eligible for financial aid due to parents income, but my parents are not interested in paying for me. So I would end up getting loan. Thoughts please?

Members don't see this ad.

You know yourself best, but I think you'd probably be happier at Baylor. It's far cheaper and a top-notch school with a more established reputation than Mayo (Mayo's medical school has only been around for 46 years, Baylor for 118), which seems to matter to you from your posts. The difference of $32,000/year = $128,000 over 4 years, more if you stay an extra year as more and more students end up doing. Plus, since you'll be taking out loans your debt could grow exponentially.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users