Mayo turnaround time after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sorrento

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Mayo 3 weeks ago and just received an email saying thank you for coming to interview and we'll keep you posted. I was wondering how quickly people were hearing news - accepted/waitlisted/rejected? I know 3 weeks is not long to have waited but I had the impression that they would let us know within a month or so ...

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi sorrento -- I applied MD/PhD so the timeline is different I suppose -- but I heard something on the order of a month or so. Perhaps mpp or Nikki can give you a better idea.

Hi sorrento -- I applied MD/PhD so the timeline is different I suppose -- but I heard something on the order of a month or so for the MD group. Perhaps mpp or Nikki can give you a better idea.

Congratulations on the interview!
That e-mail means that you have been ranked. They add people on the rank-list each Thursday (although they usually don't get to every interviewee that week so they tend to be behind...looks like about 3 weeks behind right now). They admit people from the rank-list once each month.

I was interviewed on January 26, ranked on February 1st and accepted on February 14 (the best valentines gift I've ever received). I assume the last acceptances were from March 14 and the next will be April 14. They send the appointment letter by regular mail so even though I was officially appointed on February 14 I didn't get my letter until February 25 (mail to Fairbanks, Alaska is always very slow). There is no e-mail or phone call. I am sure you can call Jane and ask your status. She seems always happy to hear from the applicants. Good luck!

With whom did you interview? How did it go? How did you like Mayo?