Mayo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMD86

'Pre' free!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got an email from mayo telling me they've just received my AMCAS application (been verified for~3 wks), and that they want $85 to review it.
Do you guys think it's worth the money, or am I just paying for a rejection letter? Also, does this mean they don't have a secondary, or do they send you a secondary after the fee is paid?

Members don't see this ad.

I got that e-mail the day after I was verified, paid it right away and have heard nothing since. The fee is for looking at your primary app, then they will decide whether or not to send you a secondary.

Mayo is picky about their applicants and accepts very few into the entering class. Only you can decide to pay the fee or not.

They have a paper secondary this year, but they screen. It will take probably 1 month for them to review your primary after paying the fee. You are late in the game, so good luck.

Mayo is an extremely selective school, but they look at factors beyond numbers, so it's impossible for any of us to tell you if it is worth it for you to apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you are interested at all in mayo, then it would be worth it.

I paid it, and received the secondary a week later. You're paying for a shot at Mayo. If you think you've got a chance, and think it's worth paying $85 to find out if they think so too, submit it. It's your call.

It's extremely hard (at least for me) to figure out what Mayo is looking for in an applicant. Rather than being a drawback, I think this is a decent reason to go for it. 85 bucks isn't bad if you think you might want to go there, especially when you factor in their ridiculous tuition.

I like to mix mayo with ketchup to make my own personal russian dressing...if you want some please send $85 to me. I accept paypal.