Mayo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDNLurker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances of getting into Mayo after an onsite interview? Mine is next month (november) and I am nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

For 2001 and out-of-state, they interview 226 people and give 46 acceptances. Of those, 28 matriculate. (source U.S. News).
That is a 20% acceptance, in-line with other schools.

Last year they interviewed 210 people on-site and offered 89 acceptances (information presented to me at my on-site interview).

They also told me that they have already sent out 310 on-site invitations this year so they will be interviewing more this year.

Personally, I have always considered Mayo my first choice......but I am not holding my breath as I know an acceptance there will be the equivalent of having Ed McMahon knock on my door.

Best of luck,
WISC-ite

WISC-ite is in the right ballpark. Mayo usually accepts a little less than half of the people they invite to interview. However, last year they only had to accept 72 people to fill our class and this year they are interviewing more people than they have in the past. Dont let this get you worried, by the time you get to this point you are already doing better than a lot of other people. Good luck in your upcoming interview. Mayo is a great school.