MBA effect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MD2017done

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much will an MBA help with a radiology residency? Does an MBA add any value to the residency application? I have the chance to do a 1 year MBA after my 2nd/3rd year of medical school at a top 20 b-school. Even if the MBA has no effect on residency app process, I don't care, I am still going for it. So what is the effect of an and MD/MBA in 5 years from a mid-tier MD medical school and a top 20 b school on radiology residency applications?
 
If you are interested in doing it, Go for it. Don't listen to anybody. You are at a point in your life, that should do reasonable things that you like.

It helps for radiology application, though not a huge difference. But if you enter pp, it can be very helpful.

Good luck .