MBA grad now wants to be a Dentist!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthewmcnulty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 30 year old single white male (no kids). I have a BA in International Business and MBA in International Business. Over 3.0 GPA in both. I am fluent in English and Spanish...currently working as a financial planner/insurance agent.

I have recently developed a new market niche - dentists. My father was an MD and I have lived my life since college unsatisfied in my profession. Through my new relationships with many dentists, I too would like to become a dentist but have a few worries.

Currently have around 100K in student loans.
Need science classes as core.
My age

Can those of you who are going through this help me through these issues?

I can take university classes in the evening without missing work over the next 2 years and apply in January of 2009. However, I would not be practicing general dentistry until I am 36!

I would also like to minimize my expenses while in school. I see that the only accredited international schools are in Canada. Any way I can go overseas? Which states allow this?

So confused. Please help! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

This thread will probably get closed. Just for the future, you're not supposed to create identical threads in more than one forum.

I responded to your thread in the Pre-Dental section.