MCAT 2015 FAQ: from me to you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatjelly

Meow
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I'm a moderator of /r/MCAT over on Reddit and I recently put together a bunch of FAQs for the new MCAT. It also contains a compilation of study schedules created for the new exam, reviews of courses and materials, free online study aides, and links to various exam strategies.

I've been told that it's a helpful resource so I thought I'd share it with the SDN crew. If you have any critiques, suggestions, etc., please let me know! I really want this to be as useful as possible for premeds.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have taken the test, is the Question Pack format the EXACT same format as the actual test? I see that the QP has the 1-question-at-a-time feature. I also noticed that I can't seem to cross-out answers and that you can highlight text in the question.
Is the periodic table button at the top or the bottom like the old MCAT format?
Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
For people who have taken the test, is the Question Pack format the EXACT same format as the actual test? I see that the QP has the 1-question-at-a-time feature. I also noticed that I can't seem to cross-out answers and that you can highlight text in the question.
Is the periodic table button at the top or the bottom like the old MCAT format?
Thanks.

In the question pack, the one-question-at-a-time feature is accurate, as is the ability to highlight text in the question. On the real exam you are able to strike out answers. (iirc you can on the question pack as well, with the right mouse button?)

Heck if I remember where the periodic table button was; pretty sure it was at the top, but I also don't remember using it.

Reactions: 1 user