MCAT 2015 Study Content

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LMLNet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The AAMC has posted a content guideline of the new MCAT 2015 and my most important question is knowing what and how much of each subject to review (basically knowing where to start and where to end).
If I just review what is mentioned in the content outline will I be prepared for the exam or should I go more in depth of each subject?
Thank you!

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/377882/data/mcat2015-content.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

know it in as much detail as you can (in addition to tons of practice passages); tbh, you can technically get by content-wise, but MCAT is more about intuition of each topic and good test-taking skills. to build that intuition try to cover it in as much depth as possible - makes familiarization with exam passages much easier

Reactions: 1 user
The AAMC has posted a content guideline of the new MCAT 2015 and my most important question is knowing what and how much of each subject to review (basically knowing where to start and where to end).
If I just review what is mentioned in the content outline will I be prepared for the exam or should I go more in depth of each subject?
Thank you!

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/377882/data/mcat2015-content.pdf

I would know everything in the content guideline because it is all fair game. What is not in there and may be in other MCAT prep books, I would not focus on. Definitely know the physics and chem equations in the guideline. I would also recommend buying all the AAMC practice available (the question packs, half length exam, and sample test). The actual MCAT will be most similar to the AAMC practice, so I think your best bet is making sure to do all the AAMC prep and then any other prep (EK, Berkley, Princeton, Kaplan, etc.) you can afford as well. Some of the prep companies offer free practice exams, so those are always useful as well since they're free!

I would review practice exams and peruse other discussion threads on this site for a more meaningful answer to your question. There is little information available about the new MCAT exam beyond what AAMC has released, so take everything (including this post) with a grain of salt. Believing the AAMC review to be sufficient depends on your study skills and your trust of the completeness of that rather detailed guide.