MCAT 28O, Good EC, not enough clinical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tle1093

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My score is: PS10, VR6, BS12. I don't know what happened but I average around 9 on practice tests for VR, and 13 for both sciences. My EC is pretty good, but I'm a little bit lacking in the clinical area. GPA is just below 3.7 for both overall and science.

So what are my chances of getting in this year? I already submitted my AMCAS but it has not been verified yet. I could save some money by withdrawing i, or I could follow through with a few secondaries and see what happens. My resident state in Missouri and I guess Mizzou would be my most likely at this point (although that VR6 may change all that).

I will retake the MCAT and suit up my clinical experience if I don't stand a chance this year. I'm not thinking about DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

MD or DO, the 6 is going to be very hard to overcome, especially if you are a non-ESL student. Even as an ESL student, the 6 is extremely detrimental. With lacking clinical, and a 6, you will more than likely have to retake.

If you're worried about saving money, I would not put a lot of schools on your list.

Do you go to Mizzou undergrad?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you go to Mizzou undergrad?

No, I go to the University of Michigan.

Am I considered as an ESL student? I moved to the US when I was 13, but I'm fluent enough in English that I didn't even think about putting English as my second language on my AMCAS.

No, I go to the University of Michigan.

Am I considered as an ESL student? I moved to the US when I was 13, but I'm fluent enough in English that I didn't even think about putting English as my second language on my AMCAS.

With the 6 on VR, you should probably try to say you are ESL.