MCAT 32 GPA 3.9 sGPA 3.95

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chjasonwu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an international student in GWU

Have 3 semesters + 2 summer's bio medical research (15 hours/week in school year and 40 hours in summer) 3 publications on the way ( all second author) (also i'm a leader and motor of other undergraduate/ high school students in my lab)

around 80 hours of patient contact (working as an ED tech in GW hospital)

around 160 hours of volunteering in ER in China.

around 160 hours of shadowing doctors

involve in teaching ( undergraduate TA and premed tutor)

Here is my school list (* I am an international student)

Meharry
University of Hawaii
University of Utah
East Tennessee State University
Loma Linda
Michigan State
Rosalind Franklin
Penn State
Newyork upstate
Georgetown
Albert Einstein
Thomas Jefferson

Please help me tell me what school i should add and remove

If you have information about any schools that are easy to international student Please let me know

Thx very much

Members don't see this ad.

Strongly suggest an investment in MSAR, which will tell you if your schools even take internations tudents. Some of the schools on your list do not take out-of-stae applicants, liek U HI. Meharry is a histrocially black college, and it and it's cousins only take under-represented minorities, of which you don't count.

I'm an international student in GWU

Have 3 semesters + 2 summer's bio medical research (15 hours/week in school year and 40 hours in summer) 3 publications on the way ( all second author) (also i'm a leader and motor of other undergraduate/ high school students in my lab)

around 80 hours of patient contact (working as an ED tech in GW hospital)

around 160 hours of volunteering in ER in China.

around 160 hours of shadowing doctors

involve in teaching ( undergraduate TA and premed tutor)

Here is my school list (* I am an international student)

Meharry
University of Hawaii
University of Utah
East Tennessee State University
Loma Linda
Michigan State
Rosalind Franklin
Penn State
Newyork upstate
Georgetown
Albert Einstein
Thomas Jefferson

Please help me tell me what school i should add and remove

If you have information about any schools that are easy to international student Please let me know

Thx very much

Thank you very much for your help. I do have MSAR and all the schools are in the "international student" list.

Here's the Q&A in University of Hawaii website

Does JABSOM accept nonresident or international students?

JABSOM does accept nonresident (which may include international students). Out of an entering class of 66, approximately 12% (8) may be nonresidents. International students are recommended to have completed their science prerequisites in the United States or Canada.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't roll the dice on a 12% chance of success. Expand your list.

Thank you very much for your help. I do have MSAR and all the schools are in the "international student" list.

Here's the Q&A in University of Hawaii website

Does JABSOM accept nonresident or international students?

JABSOM does accept nonresident (which may include international students). Out of an entering class of 66, approximately 12% (8) may be nonresidents. International students are recommended to have completed their science prerequisites in the United States or Canada.

But most school accept 3-5 international students per year. I mean some top school will accept up to 10 but its too difficult.

There are around 200 international students get accepted a year. What other schools do you know at my range and accept international students?

ETSU's class of 72 usually consists of less than 5 OOS students per year. Here's a link to the entering class statistics for the past 2 years:
http://www.etsu.edu/com/sa/admissions/collegeinfo/statistics.aspx

I'm not saying its impossible, but 21 students interviewed out of almost 1400 applications with only 6 offers are some pretty tough numbers.

Good luck! You'll get in somewhere!

ETSU's class of 72 usually consists of less than 5 OOS students per year. Here's a link to the entering class statistics for the past 2 years:
http://www.etsu.edu/com/sa/admissions/collegeinfo/statistics.aspx

I'm not saying its impossible, but 21 students interviewed out of almost 1400 applications with only 6 offers are some pretty tough numbers.

Good luck! You'll get in somewhere!

Thank you very much for your help. But all the medical schools are the same. thousands international student apply, 2-3 accepted.