This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

man221

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, So I'm American but studied at a Canadian college with scores of:
MCAT: 506 GPA: 3.66
Anatomy major

1 year clinical volunteering
Also a First Responder on Campus Emergency team
Part of a cultural club for the past 3 years
Working on a research in the upcoming year

Do i have a chance of getting into anything or should I retake the MCATs (concerned that I can't cause applications are due soon and I wont have time to retake it this summer)?
Also, whats a list of good colleges that I would most likely be able to apply to?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
George Washington
Georgetown
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Albany
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
West Virginia
Eastern Virginia
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
California University (new school)
Your chances for a MD acceptance are only in the 50% range so apply to at least 8 DO schools also.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you I really appreciate it!
If my parents are residents of California though, is there any chance of me getting into any UC's though? Also, do you think that I should apply the first round with the scores that I have, and in the meantime and redo the MCATs and apply to a bunch in August to other schools if my score improves?

Thanks again :)

Thank you I really appreciate it!
If my parents are residents of California though, is there any chance of me getting into any UC's though? Also, do you think that I should apply the first round with the scores that I have, and in the meantime and redo the MCATs and apply to a bunch in August to other schools if my score improves?

Thanks again :)

UCs will be tough with a 506. I had a similar score and received a 5 MD interviews and 7 or 8 DOs with a broad list. Make sure you submit early

The UC's are unrealistic with your stats and the fact that you are not a CA resident. Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July. Do not retake the MCAT unless your practice score are consistently 512 and higher. It does not help your chances if your MCAT score is the same or slightly higher (or lower as happens sometimes).

UCs will be tough with a 506. I had a similar score and received a 5 MD interviews and 7 or 8 DOs with a broad list. Make sure you submit early
Thats my plan. Did you end up getting into any?

What were your stats exactly? I'm in a similar situation but my stats are a bit lower: 505 MCAT and 3.58 GPA. You got quite a few MD interviews so I'm curious about my chances in comparison.

What were your stats exactly? I'm in a similar situation but my stats are a bit lower: 505 MCAT and 3.58 GPA. You got quite a few MD interviews so I'm curious about my chances in comparison.

I had a 3.85 and 507. Numbers are definitely important, but they aren't everything. Your state of residence, URM status, military service, volunteering (clinical and nonclinical) and research all play roles