MCAT 518 / cGPA 3.8 / Help w/ MD list please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuspensionBridge

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Overall you have a pretty strong app. You can increase your community service hours if you start now. Start now and then in late July early August send an update to the schools you apply to with the new hours and what the experiences have taught you.

I think you will get several interviews from your current list. I would worry that it is a bit top heavy, but its hard to really ever know when you have high stats. I would add a couple safer schools to your list just to be safe where your GPA is around their median and your MCAT is higher than their 75th percentile. A couple I can think of would be:

Tufts
Temple
Thomas Jefferson
Drexel
University of Miami
Emory
Dartmouth

It would be helpful to hear from the adcoms on here as well. @Goro and @Faha would give the best advice

MAKE SURE TO APPLY EARLY to maximize your chances!!! Send your primary the first day and start pre-writing your secondary essays now. You can find most of the prompt on the school specific threads on SDN.

Wish you the best of luck this coming cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the help! I’m trying to keep my list below 30, but I think I’ll add Temple, Dartmouth and Drexel. I’m definitely planning on applying on asap, hopefully on the first day if things go well!

I’ll try to get more volunteer experience this summer, but my research program might make it a bit difficult. Do you think it would be a significant improvement to my app? @Goro @Faha any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help! I’m trying to keep my list below 30, but I think I’ll add Temple, Dartmouth and Drexel. I’m definitely planning on applying on asap, hopefully on the first day if things go well!

I’ll try to get more volunteer experience this summer, but my research program might make it a bit difficult. Do you think it would be a significant improvement to my app? @Goro @Faha any thoughts?
You've done enough research. Get in more service to others less fortunate than yourself.

For schools, I suggest:
Yale
WashU
Vanderbilt
NYU
U Chicago
U Penn
Northwestern
JHU
Harvard
Stanford
Sinai
Cornell
Columbia
Duke
U VA
U MI
BU
Case
USC/Keck
Mayo
U Cincy
Pitt
USF Morsani
Ohio State
Hofstra
U IA
UCSF
Albert Einstein
Emory
Rochester
Dartmouth
Miami
Western MI
Jefferson
U VM
All SUNys

Thanks a lot for the list! I'll start looking for volunteer opportunities asap.